Best inexpensive printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by benji21, Aug 26, 2012.

1. benji21 macrumors member

Looking for an inexpensive printer to buy, any recommendations?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Define what you mean by "best". What are your criteria? Must haves? What's your budget?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Here is a cheap Canon for $48 that would work for light duty. Canons seem to have good Mac driver support.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Any printer with at least 4 or 5 ink cartridges instead of one tank cartridge. I picked Canon AIO like MX860. :apple:

cheap printer usually have one black tank cartridge and one color tank cartridge is bad idea!

5. Ifti macrumors 68000

I've had a canon MP640 for several years and never had a single issue with it. It's connected via wireless and the driver support in OSX has always been excellent, with the odd canon driver update coming through.
    Never had any issues at all.

6. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

I'd stay away from Brother. I've always had terrible connection issues with my wireless laser printer on Mac and PC. They're cheaply made also.

7. Fishrrman macrumors G3

"I'd stay away from Brother. I've always had terrible connection issues with my wireless laser printer on Mac and PC. They're cheaply made also."

Strong disagreement here.

I have a Brother 5250 laser with networking -- best printer I've owned (although the original HP "DeskWriter" came close, sorry I ever sold that!). No issues with either USB connections or Ethernet.

Of course, these are only B&W/grayscale. No experience with color lasers at all, here.