Best Installer App for $20 Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by snverhallen, Feb 3, 2008.

1. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

What is the best Installer App to get the $20 apps. By this I mean it will get rid of the iTunes message as well. Like the one that asks if you want to buy them.

snverhallen

2. illweather macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm getting real sick of that stupid message when I open iTunes. Not sure if there's a fix for this yet. Personally, I'm having a lot of trouble with the Mail.app. Worked flawlessly for me under 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, so I don't get what the deal is.

3. Xenn0X macrumors regular

buy the apps like i did and the message magicly disappeared for 20 bucks.:D

4. dagored macrumors 65816

So did I, but isn't that sad. I mean, Apple has to know this is happening. I actually think that what they are doing with that continue nagging screen is illegal.

Listed from Apple Forums

The ad is basically no different than unwanted ad-ware or malware, and doesn't give you a valid, working option to disable or remove the unwanted ad. Last I checked ad-ware falls under malicious software categories, and is probably illegal in many places.

The ad disables automatic syncing of your iPod Touch, which is ultimately disabling proper functionality of your device, which is a result of Apple violating its contract with its customers. That, technically, can be grounds for a full refund, if they cannot repair the damage. It also sounds like the definition of a virus, since the update occurs as soon as you install an update to iTunes and/or the iPod Touch.

5. jjaenagle macrumors member

i dont like any of them... id rather stick with my third party apps

6. dearye macrumors member

I used ijailbreak mobile to upgrade natively from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 using this repository:

ijailbreak.com/repo.plist

It worked fine, and then after I ran the update, it had another program in that repo to install the iphone apps and fancy icon moving dash...

7. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whenever I say No, Thank You to the Software Update iTunes gives me this error message. Does everyone else get this as well? See attached.

snverhallen

Attached Files:

8. Lostatsea3 macrumors member

Thank god, I thought I was the only one who couldn't get rid of that damn ad.

It's ridiculous, and annoying. Someone with some time and money should suit.... haha.

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I got mine installed on my iPod, and it majicaly switched to 1.1.4 with apps

Edit: I will also note that in between my computer went through seveal reformats, and finely to osx