Best insuranse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elbeborandy, Nov 4, 2017.

1. elbeborandy macrumors member

Hi, guys. I'm new to the theme... so, what's the best insurance right now for an iPhone X?

Talking about prices and better service?

Thanks

2. elbeborandy thread starter macrumors member

Puerto Rico (USA).

3. Jasonstevens macrumors regular

If you have home and contents insurance this can already have insurance under that.

4. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

Check with your iPhone carrier. Most home owner's policies have a deductible which is usually a percentage of the value of your home. Some home owner policies allow a special schedule of items like jewelry and other high value things, but those policies cost more.

5. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

My own view is if it is better to be self insured for the iPhone i.e., pay for it yourself if it breaks. Don’t make an insurance claim on a small personal item like an iPhone. Insurance companies will likely drop you the next time you have to make a claim.

6. Jasonstevens macrumors regular

Is that how it works in America? I’ve made claims on a broken MacBook screen and an iPhone. Here you pay a limit and anything over the limit they pay. They’ve not dropped me or increase my insurance fees.

7. elbeborandy thread starter macrumors member

I was wondering the difference of the At&t insurace vs AppleCare?

8. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

Apple Care + on an iPhone X is going to cost $199.00. You also have to think about the deductible that you would have to pay, say, for a broken screen or water damage. And that's only for two incidents. After that, it's on you.

Check with AT&T to see what they will add to your monthly bill for their insurance. Also ask them what exactly it covers. Some carrier insurances do not cover accidental damage while others do and also cover theft.

9. drdoomsday2028 macrumors newbie

Att like the other carriers is about $11 I forget what exactly they cover but they def cover lost and stolen via Assurion. I use them on all my lines with all four carriers

10. fatlardo macrumors 6502

fatlardo

Squaretrade. You can also take to Genius Bar and squaretrade will reimburse you.