Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beefwitted

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Which is it? So far it looks like the BBC Radio widget sounds the best to me, but it does seem to be very buggy.

I'm looking for streaming internet radio - not something that requires one to create a playlist and then listen to it. Something where a RJ has already made a playlist and is playing them at >128KBit quality.

Thanks! :)

Beefwitted

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
PandaBar - Pandora is nice it just costs $$.

I haven't used Pandora but it is only because I was told it was a place where one has to make a playlist and then listen as opposed to like a true radio station. Was I under the wrong impression?

And also, I'm guessing Pandora doesn't work outside the USA?

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I haven't used Pandora but it is only because I was told it was a place where one has to make a playlist and then listen as opposed to like a true radio station. Was I under the wrong impression?

And also, I'm guessing Pandora doesn't work outside the USA?

You're right it's not a true radio station and yeah not outside the US.

rowley

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
London, UK
The question was for the mac! Isn't TuneIn for iOS?

Mmm, there is an ios app, but you can listen via a web browser, and if you use safari, you can make dashboard widgets.
i.e.
IEDDk.png

Nikh

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Kyiv
I seen app 'Radio Recorder' at Mac App Store. It has ugly design and description (and, damn, it's overpriced), but it seems to be able to record songs from radio, and has a lot of predefined stations.

Also, why not to use iTunes to listen to radio? It has a lot of predefined stations as well.

Regal

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2010
Sweden
I tried Pandora, LastFM & Radium but ended up with SnowTape which i think is the best one, it can both stream & record and has a really nice clean interface.

Highly recommended! :cool:

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Snowtape.
But I think it does not update often, I hope it will be supported for the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.