Best invisible screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by svindal1, Jun 13, 2010.

1. svindal1 macrumors newbie

Hi.

Going to order the new iPhone 4 when it comes up and want to get a invisible screen protector cause my iPhone 3G don't look very good after a year of usage.

I'm wondering which invisible screen protector is the best? I have looked at both Zagg and Bodyguardz. I want one that really works and one the doesn't make the screen look bad or anything.

Any suggestions and experiences?

2. aarong50 macrumors regular

Everyone says wrapsol so that is what I ordered.

there is a code for I believe 20% off it is chatter

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Everyone says PowerSupport Crystal, so that's what I ordered.

4. plazmatyk macrumors member

plazmatyk

I've used Zagg for my iPod Classic and iPhone 3G. After a few months, the sides do peel off a bit, especially on iPhone 3G. I got a replacement for free (well, I pay shipping on the one they send me and also I have to send my old one back after I get the replacement). The replacement one also started peeling on the corners after a few months so I just cut off the corners with scissors.
    It does have a orange peel texture, but it's not that bad. I have a Power Support film on the front and the orange peel texture on the back doesn't bother me.
    That said, when it does stick, it's great protection. I dropped my phone from 6ft (slid off a lofted bed) and it hit a metal post on the way down. I thought it'd ruined, but the Invisible Shield took the damage. It got sliced by the sharp metal, but the plastic of the phone was unharmed.
    Overall, I'm satisfied with Zagg. I expect any shield would have peeled.
    I'm considering, however, not getting any case for the iPhone 4 I'm getting.

5. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Which one is the easiest to install, has the least amount of problems around the edges of the phone? Btw I hate bubbles :)

6. Badfoot macrumors 6502

I can supply a really invisible protector..just send $10 to..

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I may have ordered the full kit from these guys:

http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cPath/21_28_89

[​IMG] <--- increased thickness?

had they been in stock.

The "blue" set looks to have highest hardness rating -- supposedly does not diminish the great screen.

8. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

For the screen--Power Support. Hopefully they'll make one for the back too :)

9. S.beezy macrumors newbie

It should be very easy to apply any type of screen protector on the front and back of the phone, since the iPhone 4 is flat,not rounded like all of the other iPhones.

10. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

the power support crystal get's scratches doesn't it?

I had the anti-glare and loved it! applied the 1st time without bubbles, but there was no back protection.

11. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

They're great, although iPhone's really don't need screen protection for normal use. I just have a slip case for when it's in my pocket. But if you are going to use one, the PowerSupport Crystal is fantastic.

12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Well, yes. But even with scratches, I think it looks multitudes better than an Invisible Shield-type protector (with that stupid orange peel...).

How is the AG for scratches? I think anti-glare front and back protectors would look really boss (lol for lack of a better word)...and does it have kinda a rainbow effect on the screen?

13. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

i'm planning on preordering on tuesday and do want the power support antiglare eventually. but since that isn't coming out for awhile, what would hold me over until they release it?

i am not a fan of zagg because when i got an invisibleshield for my blackberry, the idea of spraying so much water on my 300 dollar electronic was not appetizing. then, it didn't go on well at all, so that made me doubly angry.

in short, is there anything that is nonspray watery junk comparable to power support until they release it?

14. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

IMO, just be careful, that's what I'll do until PS releases theirs (probably only a few days, its just a screen protector). You probably won't scratch it.

15. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

300 for my bberry

16. UCLAkers macrumors member

I too have these same concerns. I just HATE wet applications for the front. I called powersupport last week and they confirmed that there won't be a cystal film nor anti-glare film released for a while after launch day in a couple of weeks. I've had a bodyguardz on back and powersupport crystal on front setup for over a year now and it's been SICK. after some research, I think I'll be going with bodyguardz for the back (which is available for pre-order right now) and the wrapsol ultra - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=935913 - for the front. the only crappy thing is that wrapsol doesn't sell the front and back separately. guess I'll get the entire set and then use the bodyguardz if I don't like wrapsol's dry application for the back.

17. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

My GF has the Power Support Crystal and it's amazing. Too bad they won't have one for launch date...pretty awful on their part.

I'm going with the Wrapsol Original for the matte back...it looks awesome. Front is glossy...

18. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

How did you order one? They don't even iPhone 4 products yet?

19. siryellow1 macrumors newbie

siryellow1

I have Bodyguardz and really like it.

Here's my review if it helps.
    http://www.squidoo.com/bodyguardzreview

It doesn't have the orange peel effect that Zagg users talk about.

Also, you don't "spray the device."

You spray the film and then apply it.

This is not a problematic amount of liquid, seriously.

20. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

He probably pre-ordered it. I'm disappointed that these screen protector companies don't have something ready for launch. I guess they really can't though until they have their hands on one.

I have one on my 3GS and I can't even tell it's there. Easy installation too.

21. GameraFan macrumors regular

I'm guessing installation will be much easier on an iPhone 4, too.

22. slyderulz macrumors member

+1 for the Steinheil kits

I used to use Power Support anti-glare for my 3G and I thought it couldn't get any better. Then I tried the Steinheil anti-fingerprint and I've never looked back. Much easier to install and remove without air bubbles, matte but easier to see through than the PS anti-glare and super easy to clean.

I ordered the yellow (ultra matte) and blue (ultra coat/gloss) kits for my iPhone 4. May go matte on the front and gloss on the back. Combine with the bumper for impact protection and I may be done with 'case' shopping before I even begin ;-)

23. caranddriver macrumors regular

It will be between Wrapsol and Bodyguardz. I used Bodyguardz with my 3G and thought they were pretty solid. Corners on the 3G are a pain in the butt. It was the wet method, but you'd have to be pretty careless to wreck the phone.

24. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Can someone explain the difference between these two Steinheil protectors to me?
    http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1450
    http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1448
    The latter is cheaper and comes with two so it seems like a better choice, unless the former is really that much better quality. I've used a Power Support matte film on my iPod Touch for years and am very happy with it, but am looking for alternatives considering how long they're taking.

25. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

From what I've read, it seems like Wrapsol is the best for protection.