Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subaiku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Hi guys, as per titles, may I aks what's the most optimum iOS for an iPhone 6? I've been on iOS10.3 for the longest time but recently everything has started to lag. Thought it might have been the battery so I changed it but some apps still are SUPER slow.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi guys, as per titles, may I aks what's the most optimum iOS for an iPhone 6? I've been on iOS10.3 for the longest time but recently everything has started to lag. Thought it might have been the battery so I changed it but some apps still are SUPER slow.

Your only options are to stay with what you have now, or to upgrade to the latest version of iOS 12. I don't have an iPhone 6 to comment on how it performs on iOS 12, but just wanted to give you the heads up.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Your only choice is to update to the latest version of iOS: 12.4.2 or stay where you are. I don't have first hand experience using a 6 on iOS 12.4. From what I can gather, battery life will take a hit.
Since you're on iOS 10, the phone could very likely be throttling the power. A new battery or iOS 12 can fix that.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.