Best iPad 2 case I found

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by No1up, Mar 12, 2011.

1. David R macrumors 6502

I like it! Except that I didn't see a picture where the iPad is mostly laying down flat, with enough of an angle to allow for comfortable typing. I wonder if it's possible with that case.

It also seems that, so far, no other case is using magnets for the auto-on/off feature.

2. Mkz macrumors regular

Mkz

3. deadwalrus macrumors regular

Protects your iPad 2, while at the same time conveniently giving that ugly, gray, thick, dystopian look we've been fighting for.

4. celo48 macrumors 6502a

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

celo48,

I don't believe that this case has a very usable typing position either. The one photo showing it almost flat I thing will prove to flat for typing, and bouncy for good typing.

Just my opinion, YMMV. :p

6. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

couldn't agree more. I'm really hoping case makers step up their game this time around.

7. dKran macrumors member

8. webcrush macrumors regular

9. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Looks like you just added about 3 inches of thickness to an 8mm in depth device. Kinda defeats the purpose don't you think?

10. celo48 macrumors 6502a

Nice! I did not go to their "Shop" page. Thanks!

Tom G,

I don't think it is flat flat. It should be okay. It has all 5 of out of 5 stars from reviewers on Amazon. Thanks for the warning though.

11. ImaVeggie macrumors regular

ImaVeggie

12. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

+1

13. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Thanks to Apple's beyond ridiculous secrecy, they don't send out molds to case manufacturers ahead of time, so we end up having to wait weeks and even months sometimes for new cases to be released. Our iPads aren't going to be magically protected for those weeks while we are waiting for cases to be released.

For now, I am forced to use the original Apple iPad folio case for my iPad 2. It fits well enough and the buttons line up with the holes good enough. There's no camera back hole, but I don't really care about that. But I actually liked the original Apple case and am disappointed that Apple went with that magnetic thing instead of just updating that original case. Belkin is releasing a near copy of the Apple iPad 1 case for the iPad 2, but again, it's "coming soon".

14. webcrush macrumors regular

Then explain those displaying iPad2 cases at shows for past several months? They were dead on with the speaker location, camera holes, etc.

15. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

16. aplqna macrumors 6502

Bulky and ugly- totally beats the purpose of an iPad