Best iPad 3 Case for Typing

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by stonemann, Jun 25, 2012.

1. stonemann macrumors regular

Looking for a good-quality protective iPad 3 case which doubles as a typing stand with a really solid typing angle for typing on-screen. Have seen a lot of review videos where in typing mode the case/iPad moves and wobbles a lot.

Any experiences would be much appreciated.

2. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I love my otterbox defender for Protection and the 2 stand angles are both good for typing and it is solid. The other nice thing is that Walmart.com has it on sale, normally $89.66 is now $49.09. Great buy and otterbox customer care is great.

Here is the link to Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Otterbox-Defender-Case-for-New-iPad-and-iPad-2-Black/20742261

HiddenPuppy

3. stonemann, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012

stonemann thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion. But I was looking for something a bit more professional looking, maybe in leather. Nice solid case though...

4. sarashah macrumors newbie

The Belkin YourType FOLIO KEYBOARD is a combination protective folio with a removable keyboard that works with the new iPad (iPad 3). The keyboard is slightly larger than the onscreen keyboard, allowing for a more comfortable experience when working, and also includes other function buttons to cut down on reaching for the hard buttons. while searching for this i've found a very useful page about ipad 3 cases www.ipad3games.co/2012/05/best-cases-for-new-ipad-3.html

5. greentaloy macrumors member

I'm now using GGMM iPad 3 genuine leather case from transfer of Belkin iPad 3 case,this case support multi angles' typing with a keyboard for the fast typing,I'm satisfied on all the demands been met...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBFEKFw78o

6. glen e macrumors 68030

Professional:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1397172

7. GoonDD macrumors newbie

Best Keyboard Case for Typing

I have to put a reco out for my Logitech Keyboard Case. As I looked into keyboard cases, I fully expected the keyboard would be too small and uncomfortable for "real" typing, but had to try it for myself.

I was wrong, and very happy to be so. The keys are just big enough and well spaced enough that the keyboard is easy to type on, comfortably. But a hair smaller, and it would be too small--like the keyboard in the Zagg case was for me. The keys also have a good feel to them for typing, in fact I don't find myself having to look down at my hands while typing, I can even hit the relatively small Delete key without looking for it. The keyboard relays that an incredibly efficient design team was on task for its creation. No doubt, the key sizes were shaved down in fractions of a millimeter until a Goldilocks size was found.

The side magnet holds on very securely, though like others I would have preferred a stronger magnet on the opposite side to keep it glued shut. I solved it by buying a little neoprene HP notebook bag, meant for 10.2" notebooks, and it fits just perfectly. Even has a zipper up front for charging cables, earbuds, etc. One nice touch was that the magnet in the middle of the keyboard is strong enough to hold my metal stylus against the outside of the keyboard! I doubt that was intentional on Logitech's part, but hey, it works for me.

To the person who got etches in his glass from the white slat, I've only had the keyboard for a day, but I don't see how that happened to you. There is a rubber edge on the inside of mine to prevent just that from happening.

The extra iPad related Function keys also hit the right notes for their purposes, and I don't mind having to hold the Function key to use them, because having them as part of the number keys means more room for larger alphabet keys.

The viewing angle provided by the keyboard is very good in both portrait and landscape modes. Obviously, the keyboard is designed more for landscape viewing, as others have mentioned. I sat for a while with the keyboard in my lap and my iPad in landscape orientation--I typed, watched a bit of Netflix, read some material on the screen, etc.. I felt very secure in being able to tip the keyboard back to find perfect, comfortable viewing/typing positions for all these tasks. It was just like having a very light laptop in my lap, and at no time did I have to strain my neck because the iPad is held in place so securely, I had no fear of it falling out. In portrait orientation, I had to be a bit more careful for lack of magnetic attachment, but my iPad never slipped or started to topple, just the same.

The keyboard is great looking, blends just perfectly with the look of my iPad 3, and it's so light I hardly feel it. So far, I'm very impressed with it, and am recommending it to my friends with iPads. I am using it to replace my combination of Apple Smart Cover, and Incase back shell with magnets.

Logitech Ultra Thin Keyboard Case