iPad Best iPad air Smart Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jor17, Feb 8, 2014.

1. jor17 macrumors member

Hey team,

I'm looking for some help choosing a smart case for my iPad air.

It seems these are the only solid options:

Invellop Leatherette Smart Case
    http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Black.../dp/B00FAMAQQG

Photive Smart Case
    http://www.amazon.com/Photive-Lightw...air+smart+case

Case crown omni
    http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Carb.../dp/B00BISWIHQ

I didn't include the Apple smart case because I've only read mediocre reviews but am willing to pay $79 if it's clearly the best option.

Does anyone have any input to these cases or have any other suggestions?

I'm looking for a minimalist smart case that has a good folding stand and doesn't feel cheap. Would prefer the polycarbonate material vs faux leather but am more concerned with the build of huge case than the material right now.

Thanks!

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I would say only get the apple smart case if you plan on getting it in black. I liked how the case crown case had the 4 sections so it can overlap. I don't like the 3 flap apple has going on.

3. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

4. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

5. AE14 macrumors 65816

I am using the black apple smart case with the silver 32gb air. Really like the case, and it does what I need. I don't need anything too bulky as I don't foresee dropping it from over my head.

I would suggest that if you buy the smart case, check amazon. It is roughly $10 less and staples by me matches all amazon prices.

6. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

I'm hesitant to buy the Apple case because of the overwhelming negative reviews I've read.

7. AE14 macrumors 65816

I understand. I am always very critical of cases for my ipad and iphone. However, I do like this case and think it does exactly what I personally need. ;)

8. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

Aside from aesthetics and protection how does it perform with standing, etc

Any pics?

9. AE14 macrumors 65816

Didn't take any pics but I can. The standing has been fine. I use it more for the lower typing stand than anything else.

10. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

I've actually come in this forum section to look for a new case as I am sick and bloody tired of the Apple Smartcase. Massive design flar moving away from four panels with the magnetic "click" just doesn't make for a sturdy stand. In certain positions if you apply a very small amount of pressure the magnets just instantantly fail, and I'm sick of it falling over when using it as a stand.
    Also it look awful at the hinge point, and actually get worse with use.

My verdict on the Apple Air Smart Case.....terrible, over priced, horrible engineering, looks crap when closed.

11. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

Just pulled the trigger on the CaseCrown Omni. Will post pics when I get it

12. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Yeah I have too, although no one selling then in the UK yet, will have to wait a while until it arrives from California :(

13. Daysight macrumors regular

I got the Apple Smart Case because initially it was the only option for my Air when I got it during release week. Planned to replace it but haven't felt the need. Very trim, efficient. Works adequately in both stand positions and reading lying down. Good protection and non-slip. Easy to carry by hand or slip out of a a bag. I was pleasantly surprised actually.

14. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Forget the smart cases, been there, belkin snap shield and a Smart Cover is the go, works better as a stand, magnets hold the cover back, and you have the option to take the cover off and still have back protection.

15. macardu macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!

I'm a happy owner of an iPad Air Celular (128GB) and a Casecrown Omni case for about 3 months! Thing is that i faced some problem i didn't imagine at all... i needed to change my nano sim card to put one with free internet and... i couldn't figure out how to remove my device from the case without damaging either one! The case is so well fitted on the device that it's imposible to extract it easily! Is there an easy way that i'm missing out there? Any info will be wellcomed! Ty in advance! :)

16. freelife2014 macrumors newbie

[iPad] Best iPad air Smart Case

I use other brand case ,like bluelotus