Best iPad Apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by mncmoore, Sep 4, 2011.

1. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

I am an EMT in Oklahoma getting ready to pull the trigger on buying an iPad 2 64 GB. But non medical apps what are the best ones out there? Games and other cool must haves.

2. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

Why do we need to know your an emt if your not looking for medical apps? I mean that's great that you are and thank you for your work but why do we need to know this? Anyway for gamesmi would say infinity blade, real racing 2 hd, rainbow 6, nova 2, and NBA jam. Also a newsreader like flipboard or fluent news is really nice. Also if you like sports espn scorecenter xl is awesome and th stumbleupon app is the best time waster their is! Also if you want to text at all from your iPad text plus is your best option. Oh also if you have a Netflix account the Netflix app is a must, you can instant stream many tv shows and movies right on your iPad! Hope this helps but still why do we need to know that your an emt? Am I missing something?

3. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

4. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Geez, why slam the guy just because he said he's an EMT? Actually, why did you need to elaborate on that? Am I missing something? You could have just gave your app suggestions.

5. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Infinity Blade and Real Racing 2 HD both have jaw dropping graphics but in my opinion are as boring as heck to play, I much prefer Asphalt 6 HD for a racing game with much more enjoyable gameplay but with graphics not as great as Real Racing.

Can you give some kind of idea what kind of apps/games you would like? What hobbies do you have etc? That would help us recommend apps that are suitable or you.

6. mncmoore thread starter macrumors regular

mncmoore

Just mentioned emt cause all I look up are medical apps. Sorry I guess I could have mentioned that. I like games and play just about every sport. I like to travel, and like to find new things in my area (OKC).

7. erawsd macrumors 6502

Apps I use everday:

Reeder
    Splashtop
    2Do
    Evernote
    Dropbox
    iCab
    Alien Blue HD
    Talkatone+GoogleVoice
    MyPad

Some others that are great, but I use less frequently:

Air Video
    Netflix
    Sketchbook
    Soulver
    iWork
    Goodreader
    iThoughtsHD

My fav games:
    Monkey Island
    Cut The Rope
    Infinity Blade
    Robot Unicorn
    Field Runners
    Swords and Soliders

Even though I cant stand games that have on screen buttons, I'm currently playing GTA and I'm liking it a lot.

8. hismikeness macrumors regular

That thing you get money lout of. Oh wait...

Best apps: Flipboard. iBooks. Best games: Plants vs Zombies. Monopoly. Rage HD.

9. mncmoore thread starter macrumors regular

mncmoore

Emergency medical technician. (ambulance driver).

10. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Perhaps because it's totally irrelevant to the question he asked?

11. Vanessa17 macrumors member

Planetary is truly a beautiful app. It's like the iPod function but each letter of the alphabet is a series of planets of each singer in your library. Each album is a planet and each song is a moon. Hard to explain but it is stunning and free!

12. AirForceOne, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

AirForceOne macrumors member

so is your post....

An app I'm really enjoying is The Daily. It's a subscription "newspaper" but the first two weeks are free. You should really check it out.

Some others

CNN
    Fox News
    Politico
    Google Voice
    USAToday
    Slacker Radio
    The Hill

13. saberahul macrumors 68040

This is a funny thread and even though some similar ones like this exist, I always feel that people should ask such questions as new apps are released all the time and those older threads aren't always updated.

Best apps on my iPad:
    FlipBoard
    NoteShelf (you can probably make notes here regarding the patient and then present to the docs once you reach, obviously I do not know how your profession works so if I'm wrong just ignore it)
    No matter who you are you need games: Angry Birds, LaneSplitter, Scrabble, many more (just browse the top charts as they usually are the best)
    Editions by AOL
    Skype for iPad (ya took them long time to release but finally here)
    iWork apps (very handy - will be even more with document syncing)

14. AirForceOne macrumors member

DUDE

I use Android for my phones so have been using Google Voice for years and this is freaking AWESOME. I had no idea I could use my iPad as a phone like this! :D

Thank you!!!

15. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

FlipBoard, definitely.

I recently discovered the Photobucket app - no clue is other photo sharing sites have them, but theirs is WAY better than their website! That plus a cheap off-brand camera connector are changing my entire photo workflow.

16. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

if you have a HBO subscription at home and have one of the participating providers, HBOGO is hands down the best video streaming app on the iPad. You can stream every episode of every HBO series, as well as tons of sporting events and like 200+ current and good movies.

HBOGO = best by a mile

17. Cannoli. macrumors newbie

Utilities
    Photobucket (for forums)
    Pandora
    ESPN ScoreCenter XL
    Netflix
    Sketchbook Pro
    Photoshop Express
    Weather Channel App (WHEN IT WORKS!)

GAMES
    Monopoly
    Scrabble
    Family Feud
    Angry Birds
    Plants vs. Zombies
    NOVA
    Fruit Ninja
    Osmos HD

Misc
    UZU
    Gravitarium
    Pocket Pond
    Soundrop

(All I can think of right now)

18. AirForceOne macrumors member

Yeah HBOGO is freaking fantastic app. Crackle is another movie/TV show app. Has great content and is free. Another app I use is the COX connect app. If you use COX for cable you can manage your DVR remotely from your iPad. Set recordings, etc..

19. Reddmanz macrumors regular

Couldnt agree more here. Majorly let down with Real Racing 2 and Infinty Blade is good but not my type of game.

+1 to the people who mentioned Plantery. Brilliant music app and its a good one to show to friends when they want to play with your iPad!