All iPads Best iPad arm?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by adamvk, May 22, 2012.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

So I'm basically looking for an arm that I can use with my iPad with a case on that I can attach to my bed to use to watch Netflix/HuluPlus, etc. I've found a few on Amazon, but they all seem to have too short of an arm. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

3. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

4. newipaduser macrumors newbie

How long do you actually need? My new iPad holder can be extended from wall more than 1 meter and the height of iPad is also adjustable. :)Airholder

Attached Files:

5. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

That is perfect! Thank you!

6. amazonpam macrumors member

SpiderArm

You should also look at the SpiderArm at http://www.spiderarm.com/. Great price and has various positions and uses.

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

That looks kinda funny to me!

But I'm not one to judge!

Hope you find what you need!

8. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

The problem with most of these "arm" designs is that they do not take into consideration that most people have their iPad in a case and do not wish to remove the unit from the case each and every time they want to use these arms.

I found and ordered one from Amazon that seemingly will allow you to keep the case on....it should be delivered by Thursday...I will let you guys know how well it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Y85EXQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I have that. The arm is super short so it really doesn't work that well. It also doesnt really hold the iPad snugly...if you bump it, the iPad can slip right out. Be careful!

10. migdaddy macrumors 6502

haha this is crazy!

11. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

Thanks for the heads up....but I do plan on using it with a folio style case on so I'm anticipating it working....(fingers crossed!) :)

12. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

wow this looks like a great option. I wonder how it attaches to the wall?!?. I can't find this info on their website. Kind of pricey but looks like it's worth it.

13. Qfic macrumors member

Also looking for something like the airholder that will allow me to use my current case with it. Everything else just seems too short. Also really like that it has a charging extender, just wish they had a universal bracket. Any one know of a happy medium?

14. simply stunning macrumors regular

That air holder looks great. My wife and I normally watch something on Netflix a few nights a week, and not to long ago, I dropped the iPad onto her face, and it drew blood. So now I'm looking for something like this too.

That said, I have an iPad holder for her in the Kitchen, and I just took a Ram mount, and hooked it to the bottom of the cabinet. The Ram mount holder works GREAT with all kinds of cases. My wife has a gumdrop case, and it is rather large, and it holds it perfectly. So what I want to find is just an arm I can mount one of these tablet holders too. I'm sure I can find just an arm, that I can mount a ball joint too...

Link to Ram mount.
    http://www.amazon.com/RAM-HOL-TAB3U...6S/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1338918887&sr=8-12

15. Tedddman macrumors member

16. tiffanick macrumors newbie

I got a white one instead. So far, it's been fine for me :)
    Toilet times with NetFlix ;)

Attached Files:

17. soundtracker macrumors member

This is hilarious. I have never seen someone go to such great lengths to use the iPad on the toilet LOL

18. NineFace macrumors newbie

I see what you did there

19. tiffanick macrumors newbie

If you know what I mean;)

20. joyfull78 macrumors newbie

Spiderarm ball joint size?

For those using spiderarm, could anyone tell how big is the ball joint of their ipad case in terms of its diameter size ? I am looking to use RAM mount tablet holder instead of stock ipad case. I contacted spiderarm but no response yet.

21. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

This is actually a good idea. Do you leave the iPad attach or remove every time you handle your business?

22. tiffanick macrumors newbie

Y'see, cause my iPad is fitted with a case that connects it to the AirHolder... and I have more than one AirHolder in my household at different parts, so my iPad follows me wherever I go and connection is easy and efficient anytime.:D

23. AztecKing macrumors member

AztecKing

Check out the Standzfree. www.standzout.com I love mine. For reading in bed just slide the base in between the mattress and box springs. Works great!

24. Qfic macrumors member

If I've got a thin case on my ipad 3 will the standzfree be able to work with it?

25. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Looks like a nice stand, But looks like you have to rock the ipad naked :(
    I want to be able to use the ipad smart case from apple with a stand like this but to be able to clamp it to a table.