Best iPad case

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mncmoore, Sep 18, 2011.

1. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

I am saving up for the iPad 2 and am about 1 month away from purchasing. My question is what is you favorite iPad 2 case. I have the bookbook for iPhone 4 and they make one for iPad 2, but what are the best? Thanks.

2. Angra-mainju macrumors regular

I purchased my ipad 4 days ago and after a week of research I chose Marware CEO case. It's an excellent case. there are lot of vids on this. It's good! It's not that heavy as they say it is. It has a nice stand that is stable even when some folks like I do, watch their films in bed. Excellent! and costs about £20 on amazon

3. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Congratulations! A new topic. Haven't read ANYTHING here about cases for iPads. :eek::eek:

4. DW58 macrumors regular

DW58

I have my iPad 2 in an Otterbox Defender Series case which I'm delighted with - it offers excellent protection plus it has a very practical built-in stand.

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

Smart cover for the front. Belkin clear plastic for the back. I like it.

There are so many cool cases / case combinations out there. Of course, that is in the other forum that is totally dedicated to these kinds of threads :)

7. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yoobao Executive leather (Around £25) or Switcheasy Canvas (Around £35-£40)

8. mncmoore thread starter macrumors regular

mncmoore

Sorry. Still new to threads. But thanks. I like them.

9. ihatephish macrumors regular

i've only had the smart cover since day 1. had been looking at different cases since then but couldn't find "the one". i finally settled on using the smart cover and a sleeve from sfbags.com. its absolutely PERFECT for what i need.

10. iJasonTATE macrumors member

iJasonTATE

11. j0n24 macrumors newbie

j0n24

I have the Targus Versavu 360 rotating case for my iPad2. It's perfect for watching video/media or reading - I'd recommend it for sure.

12. skoo9382 macrumors newbie

It all really depends on how you use your iPad and who will be using it. If kids will be using it and its going to be used while traveling a lot then I'd go with more of a sturdy otter box type case, but just a warning it will add considerable bulk to your iPad.

I don't really travel that much, I mainly use it at home, and I don't have kids so I use the smart cover and a Zum back case (purchased on amazon). I love that it doesn't compromise the size of the iPad. The Zum back case as a plus, keeps the smart cover in place as well.

Just my two cents

13. md301 macrumors member

hi

you know its funny when people say this product and this product is the best. its really a personal choice, your way of using it, lifestyle. i personally do not like otterbox, yes it very protective but my ipad 2 which is elegantly thin designed by apple would look like a football player with all the gears on. ( very thick and looks robotic). i personally use the simpliest leather case with pocket as i do not look like a teenger with ipad 2. so choose whatever you think you will be happy with. if you want a tiger printer or a mermaid on ur case, its a personal choice, the most important thing is do not choose anything that you will not be happy. cheers to ipad 2!

14. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

15. Signor S. macrumors member

16. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I would NOT recommend the smart cover. It Does not fully protect the iPad and is only effective if the cover is on the glass. I dropped my iPad from a small height and cracked thE screen as the cover was folded back.

Get a cover which will protect the glass when you have an accident . Don't assume that accident will happen when the smart cover is on the screen.

Yes it wax my fault but honestly learn from my mistake.