Best iPad Dock for $30?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by legaleye3000, May 18, 2010.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Is Apple's iPad Dock the best for the price? Is it sturdy? Is there another one that allows landscape view and charging at the same time?

Thanks

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes Apple's dock is currently the best for the price. It's sturdy if you don't touch the iPad while it's docked yes. I only know of the BookArc dock that allows you to use both landscape and portrait modes. I would not get the BookArc right now because they need to update it.

3. GadgetX macrumors regular

4. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

I guess it all depends on the purpose of the dock is for you.

For instance, I purchased two of the Apple's dock and have been very happy with it. It's very nice actually and it doesn't feel cheap (not that I would expect that from Apple anyway). It's weighted so it doesn't topple over. It's simple streamlined design.

So the purpose of this dock for me is to dock it next to my desktop. I don't forsee myself carrying this dock with me to charge my iPad. I don't see myself watching a movie using my iPad at my desktop so the portrait only position is perfect.

On the other hand, it seems like the other use for a dock is convenience of not having to hold the device while watching a movie. That would mean that you need something lightweight and small. I don't see how you need a dock for anything else other than having the iPad have someplace to rest for the night or convenience of not holding it while you're traveling somewhere.