Best iPad drawing app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Macpowered, May 17, 2010.

1. Macpowered macrumors member

Macpowered

Which iPad drawing app is the best and why? ArtStudio, Brushes, Layers Pro Edition, SketchBook Pro etc.

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

There is no best - it's what works best for you. All of those listed have some people here doing some very impressive drawings. I had been looking at was available myself, couldn't decide, so bought both Brushes and SketchBook this weekend. So far, Brushes is a bit easier to use, but I am leaning towards SketchBook overall.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The four main ones we are using are

Brushes
    Sketchbook Pro
    Layers Pro
    Art Studio

All of them are excellent but have slight differences which will govern your response and how you use them.

Brushes, has for me the best brush selection, but no blending really, but Flickr integration.

Sketchbook Pro has excellent user interface and a good selection of brushes and blending tools. The most 'rounded' experience.

Layers Pro has excellent blending tools, robust UI, no flickr integration but does have it's own user gallery to explore.

Art Studio, the best value for what it provides, excellent blending and brushes, slightly let down by rather clunky UI.

Hope that helps.

4. Macpowered thread starter macrumors member

Macpowered

Thank you for your reply. I now know what app to buy.

5. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Whats the best app to emphize a person or object by making it color and the surrounding photo black and white?

6. David R macrumors 6502

Thank you so much. I've been going crazy trying to find the right application and you summarized it easily and quickly.

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Which is?

8. Davydd macrumors regular

They are all so inexpensive I just bought them all and will let my instinctive preferences eventually gravitate to the one I like. I also figure with familiarity with them all I will eventually be able to cadge the developers of the one I prefer to adopt some ideas with convincing real experience as to why. This is an exciting period and we are only scratching the surface of possibilities.