Best iPad pro email app

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JonSarge3108, Nov 29, 2015.

1. JonSarge3108 macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

Thoughts?

Work account but based on Gmail servers.

Thanks

2. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

3. double329 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how to print in Outlook? I could not find the print option.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

5. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Hand down Outlook!!! iOS's own mail app lacks many features and the simple task of attaching files is still pretty lame.

6. jeepik macrumors regular

i use both the built in app and outlook.. i feel that outlook is not that great..it lacks the basic feature of showing notifications for subfolders..which is ridiculous

there is this amazing app on android called "nine" i sure wish they would come out with an ios version

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Outlook for now. Just waiting for Readdle to update Spark (their email app) for iPad and that will be my vote.

8. mebpenguin macrumors newbie

Does your team rely a lot on google drive? If so, I think it's hard to use anything but gmail as Google drive links end up opening in the web browser instead of in the drive apps, which I find frustrating. I hate that Google hasn't just implemented proper url support for drive, a link to any drive document from any app should open it in the native app if possible and only go to the web as a fallback.

9. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Google scares some but it works very well in the global space.

10. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Have any of you tried using Inbox by Google? While I don't use it for all of my email needs, nor do I think it's the best email client for the iPad, I prefer it over the standard Gmail app.

11. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Was not able to try it, because it doesn't work with gmail for work accounts. That's one thing to keep in mind, and something not enough people point out.

12. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I didn't know that. I just use it for my personal account anyway.

13. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Well, I have 3 gmail accounts. 1 personal (and which is really more of a junk email account), and 2 work-assigned gmail accounts. Inbox was not able to work with the latter 2, and I don't really get advertisements sent to them anyways.

I am using Mailbox, but that hasn't been updated in ages, so I am just waiting for the iPad version of Spark before I dump it altogether.

14. ferjilo macrumors newbie

Gmail on the iPad Pro really sucks. It seems an upscaled version of the IPHONE app, not even the regular iPad app. I am using Inbox meanwhile, but not convinced. I use Outlook for my work mail but I like the folders categorization on GMail and Inbox and don't want to lose that.

15. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

Outlook for a couple of reasons. First, it is probably, functionally, the best one available. It has all the features, like scheduling, easy attachments, etc. I need. Second, I know it isn't going anywhere. I don't want to be tied to an app that is going to disappear leaving me to find an alternative. We have seen it with Sparrow and Mailbox, and it's just a matter of time before something like Spark has the same fate. I wouldn't even trust Inbox.

16. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Set Notifications for 'all mail?'

17. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

I don't have a Pro, but I've been really happy with CloudMagic on my tablets and phone.

18. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Click on the 3 dots at the top.

19. JonSarge3108 thread starter macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

Not on my version?

image.jpeg

20. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

Can't print Outlook email at the time. It is planned but with no time frame for release.

21. stulaw11 macrumors 65816

Next release. I'm a beta tester for Outlook and the new beta has printing as well as 3D Touch from the app icon.

I still think Spark by Readdle is a more complete/better app and updated much more often with features. It has a ton more features (has had printing and a lot more 3D Touch and other options, and Outlook is still somehow missing HTML signatures). It uses flick side to side to change email signatures, and just a more thought out app with a ton more customization than Outlook; plus much better snoozing email options (updated yesterday on the iphone).

It should be coming beta to the iPad this month. The iphone version has been out for some time and is very very good.