Best iPhone (30pin) charger cable for the money.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Qwerty11, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Qwerty11 macrumors regular

Is the OEM Apple charge cable still the best, or is there something better? Where is the best place to buy?

2. blarivee macrumors 6502

Since 30 pins connectors will only be used for legacy devices, a lot of authorized retailers are trying to get rid of them. You can probably get one original Apple connector cheap online.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

THE BEST?

Depends what you think the Best is. Gold plated? Oxygen Free? Silver Strands?

I believe I got an Apple Genuine and feels rubbery, me no like. I got me another $5 Amazon generic, pretty color, soft plastic, works fine. That's what am buying.

4. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Can get loads on eBay/Amazon for really cheap. All the ones I've tried do the job, unlike third party Lightning cables.

6. cynics macrumors G3

I've been using cheap cables from Amazon without problem for years. The 30 pin cable isn't really that hard to make a quality knock off. The lightning cable on the other hand, best sticking with OEM or brand name.

7. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

The AmazonBasics cable is of fairly high quality and only like $8.

8. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I only have third party lightning cables (lost the original) and have had no issues :)

9. ratsg macrumors 6502

I know. I shudder when ever I see someone on this forum use the dreaded "the best" phrase.

Rather than "the best", probably a search for a cable of high quality is what the OP really needs.

FWIW, the original 30 pin -> firewire 400 cable that came with my 3rd gen iPod is possibly the highest quality cable, of this type I have seen to date. This device, and the cable that shipped with it were of high quality and have lasted well beyond their life expectancy.

I know that I would have no problems paying significantly extra for a cable, shipped with whatever my next iDevice might be, built of enough quality to at least last the expected lifespan of the device it ships with.

10. remo72tg macrumors member

This..

11. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

These are a very good buy:
    Certified By Apple - Lifetime Warranty - Bundle of 3 Extra Long 6.5 Feet MFi USB Charger Cables for Apple iPhone 4, 4s, 3gs, 3g iPod touch 1, 2, 3, 4, iPad 1, 2, 3 - for Sync and Charging - Premium MFi Quality (Red + Black + White)
    http://amzn.com/B00FZHCW1I