best iPhone 3G impact case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by truz, Dec 27, 2008.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I currently have the contour. It has saved my iphone many times when I have dropped it. However I don't know if my case has became weak from the 5-7 falls over time or if this last drop was the hardest.

I was riding my nephews bike with my phone on Christmas eve and I ended up throwing my iphone to the ground and the case came off (first time) and I got 1 little skuff on my sexy iphone.

No damage to my iphone, however I want a case that is almost impossible to come off. I also like the outside rubber coat/hard plastic inside is has. I have to say the contour is one of the best iphone cases.

Is there any other cases out there like the contour but maybe better? Something that's much harder to remove? Yet still holds a hard plastic inside and rubber coat on the outside for better protection when impacts happen

2. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

here are some pictures of the contour I have.

Attached Files:

3. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I do not know which Contour case you have but I suspect it is the hardskin which I had for a few days. I returned it due to not liking the fit of the two halves - uneven gaps which made the case look cheap - and ended up with a leather Sena case.

If you look at the reviews of this case at the Apple Store you will see someone has posted a review of his case coming apart upon a fall and the parts scattering.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

the otter box defender seems to meet your criteria

5. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

6. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

+1