Best iPhone 3G S Car Charger + Aux

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by qnguyen010, Feb 15, 2010.

1. qnguyen010 macrumors newbie

qnguyen010

So my car (2008 Nissan Altima) does not have an iPod integration solution that works with the factory radio and navigation. I've searched all over Nissan forums, and many people are having my problem. Therefore, my only option is to use a car charger that has an auxiliary cable (I refuse to use two different cables).

I have been using the Kensington LiquidAUX for over about year now. It's starting to die on me. It will still play my music, but it no longer chargers. Well, that's a lie--it charges every once in a blue moon. And sometimes the remote works--but only for about 5 songs (tried replacing the battery in the remote).

Before I bought the Kensington, I also tried the Monster iCarCharger AUX 1000. It worked alright, but I just wasn't a big fan of the remote being connected to the part that goes into your cigarette lighter.

Also tried the Griffin TuneFlex AUX Smartclick. I don't really remember how well that thing functioned because I was too busy trying to keep the dock from falling over.

So let me get to my point... I would like to hear everyone's opinions about a good car solution for my iPhone. Thanks. :)

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'd like to hear some opinions on this as well. I've been using the TuneFlex Aux with my Touch but it's definitely annoying having to constantly adjust it so that my Touch doesn't fall out (the dock is just way too flimsy). Having a remote is nice but certainly not a necessity for me since I can easily reach the Touch's screen from the driver's seat.

3. twiggy0 macrumors 6502