best iPhone 4 car holder/mount/charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by animatedude, Nov 12, 2010.

1. animatedude macrumors 65816

i'm sick and tired of looking for a proper one...Apple should really get into this business and make a proper car solution.

so the iPhone 4 been out for a few months now i figured many of u tried a couple of car mounts....what's the best one you guys recommend?

thanks in advance!

2. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Yeah seriously there's so many half solutions to this issue that don't work 100% perfect. I think apple is afraid of getting sued of some guy texting or getting distracted while driving. Lol

3. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

hehe no i guess they can't make a perfect solution for all cars.

i only got 1 reply? really? is this thread so not important that i only got one reply? come one guys share..

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

hey, i really recommend one company only. its a little pricey but the solution has lived up and has exceeded my expectations. in fact i already ordered another one for a car that i am planning to buy..

proclipusa.com

its a 2 part solution, one for your car, one for your device. good luck!

5. Spoolin414 macrumors newbie

I have the bracketron for iphone I got off NewEgg, comes with vent mounts and a suction cup mount also. I love it because I can keep it at eye level while having both my car charger and aux plug in use. I can also use the voice commands to goto my bluetooth speakerphone. I believe I paid 15 for my mount and it was worth every penny.

6. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

If "price is no object" it's absolutely the best.

7. tf- macrumors newbie

Charging kit for iPhone

I just got the Revolve xeMini Plus charging kit for my iPhone. Now, I can recharge in the car, from the wall, with solar, from the computer, or even from the internal backup battery. It's been a life saver more than once! Highly recommended! Check it out at www.revolveusa.com

8. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

I had the same situation: looking for the right car mount. it is hard to find review and the right mount. I ended up buying this based on review on amazon.

Attached Files:

9. drexfish macrumors newbie

add Spiderpodium this to the list

I am not saying its for everyone - but I love mine - I went through a bunch but nothing worked well in multiple cars - I searched log and hard on the forums but ended up with a Spiderpodium and I love it. Doesnt always look perfect - but functions amazing ans in both my car and my girlfriends no problem...

$20 from http://www.breffo.com

[​IMG]

10. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

11. ihonda macrumors 68000

very tempted to order this but $40 ...eh

12. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

My vote is for the Kensington Windshield/Vent Car Mount with Sound Amplified Cradle for iPhone:

http://us.kensington.com/html/17546.html

It's a bit gimmicky, but does amplify sound enough to be useful, works with most cases, and then you can pick your favorite way to connect to your stereo. I got mine for $24 on sale (normally $40).

The best part is that you can pick your favorite way to connect it to your car (just an aux cable, cassette, FM transmitter) and what charger to use.

Someone in another thread suggested using the composite video cable with a USB charger - it's an "official" cable, can be clean if you hide the extra video cable, and gets that lovely line-level audio.

13. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I still like my Kensington lighter plug mount charger. This one plugs directly into the charger and is basically a dock. It has adjustable padded clamps that hold the phone snug, no matter what kind od case you have. Probably won't fit the aluminum cases though.
    The only problems would be the location of your lighter plug. Mine is on the center console of my 4Runner, so it sits to the left of my shifter and the arm is firm, but flexible so I can move it around. If you lighter outlet is on your dash, the charger will probably end up falling over as the plug rotates in the charger. I've had this one since I had the 3G and i still use it everyday with my 4.

14. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

15. JM2, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

JM2 macrumors member

16. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for your comments guys...more recommendations are welcome :)