Best iPhone 4 car mount for a Jeep Cherokee/Liberty

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sjdigital, Sep 3, 2010.

1. sjdigital macrumors regular

I've recently bought a 2004 Jeep Cherokee (Liberty in the US) and had intended to use a screen mount for my iPhone mounted on the right hand side (UK car). I haven't actually seen the car myself yet but my daughter tells me that there isn't much room to mount anything on the screen and her small Garmin Nuvi sat nav just fitted but she doubts that an iPhone would work, and certainly not in horizontal position.

So has anyone any experience of mounting an iPhone in one of these Jeeps. I don't like screen mounted devices in the middle of the windscreen so that's not an option. I've been looking at the Brodit (I have one in another car and like it very much) but wondered if there were any other ideas out there.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

3. sjdigital thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for this suggestion but in fact what is sold in the US as ProClip is Brodit in Europe and that's the one I had been contemplating. Although I should have mentioned that it isn't new Jeep but a 2004 model year, but the location is pretty much the same.

But thanks again for the suggestion - it may well be the best option as they are great mounts, if a tad expensive.

4. drexfish macrumors newbie

www.breffo.com is worth a look

This is worth a look it fits in any car - useful if you and your partner both have cars and you want to share it. Also comes out with no trace in like 2 minutes, no tell tell signs you might have a phone or GPS in your car. Also works with different phone. I love mine

http://www.breffo.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. sjdigital thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for these suggestions, guys. In the end I went for a Brodit Pro-Clip mount located beside the centre air vent. I'd have preferred a location on the right hand side but there just didn't seem to be room. But after a 600 mile trip I can report that the centre location works fine in terms of visibility and access.

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Decent idea, too bad you aren't honest that you probably work for them...