Best iPhone 4 case available at a physical retail store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jaustin1222, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jaustin1222 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I'm prone to dropping my iPhone and know I need a case from a store TODAY. What's the best iPhone case that offers decent drop protection that I can buy from J&R Electronics, Best Buy, the Apple store, AT&T store, etc.? Do I also need to buy a screen protector separately? I may buy a fancier case down the line, but for right now I need something that will protect my screen from scratches and cracks in case I drop the phone.

Thanks

2. jaustin1222 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Anonymouslives macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I'm wondering the same thing. I had a chance to get the black bumper yesterday, when I got my iPhone 4 from the Apple store, but passed, because I didn't want black on black and that's the only color bumper they had. Now I need a case and they're likely sold out everywhere.

4. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

As far as I can tell ALL BEST BUYs have i4 cases. There's 1 screen protector, two silicone cases a hard shell case, a griffin folio case and the griffin reveal. And that's it.

AT&T stores are getting some screen protectors and some cases. We know they're getting the candyshell cases. None of the store in my area have anything yet, but they think they might get them in today.

5. Alive macrumors newbie

You're not getting a reply because there just ain't one. BB has a few but they're junk - a total waste of $$.

I bought a zagg film which is decent and I'll just wait until I can get a bumper or equivalent.

6. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

BB has a few. But I don't like any of them. The guy told me they didn't sell that many cases.

iFrogz has a few but they are all ugly. Then Rockfish, not good.

The only one I'd consider for now is a Griffin Reveal

7. jaustin1222 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks everybody. I guess I really do have to wait. I actually still have the original screen protector on mine because I'm so worried about damaging the screen...

Is the conventional wisdom that the Candy Shell cases will be sufficient once they're released? Or is everybody really still going to be waiting for the Otter Boxes? I don't know much about either, but users on here seem to be in agreement that these are the cases to wait for.

8. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Otterbox is a great company. They replaced my Defender 4 times free of charge. I'd definitly buy from them. But I want to get something different this time around.

Speck is not bad. ATT had some I think. I really just wanted the bumper.

9. TavisB macrumors member

I just grabbed a Reveal to last me until I get the Incipio or Otterbox.

10. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I picked up a really nice looking cherry red (has the look of brushed aluminum)and black ifrogz luxe original case at Best Buy yesterday evening. I have gotten several comments on how nice the case looks and it really feels nice in the hands. It should hold me until the bumpers and case I ordered arrive. It was the ONLY case I liked out of about 40 that they had on hand though. They had about 3 of the red ones, which was the only color I really liked in that line.