Best iPhone 4 cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by php111, Oct 6, 2013.

1. php111 macrumors regular

Hey, I have the iPhone 4, and I do have a case but its not the best case by far it's not the best. I did order a Outterbox Defender and billed to my account but $50 it's too much. It's coming tomorrow on the 7th. So, would someone recommend to buy a case online and refuse the package? Or would recommend don't buy a case online and accept the package? If someone recommends online than what would be the best? I hate to rush people to reply but I would need some answers before tomorrow so I know what to do with this package.

2. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming you can return it even if you take delivery of the package, but then you'd probably have to pay for shipping...is that the concern?

I have an old iPhone 4. I had the bumper. It fell apart. Tried the new bumper at the Apple store and found it too tight (just like a bunch of reviews said) so I returned it right there before even leaving the store. I decided to use it naked. It fell one day and the glass cracked, so I paid a the $149 fee and got a replacement. I research a lot of cases and none of them seemed that great. Random people I've talked to seem to suggest buying random stuff of Amazon which they ship for free.

When I was research cases, the Speck Candyshell
    http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/candyshell-for-iphone-4s.html
    was the one that I might have been tempted to buy, except after having used the phone for so many years with a bumper I didn't feel like adding that much bulk. Even that case has negative reviews.

I looked at some aluminum ones, but it sounded like those would affect reception whic is already poor on the 4.

Probably not much help. :(

3. php111 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! Since you couldn't find any good cases than would you say accept the Outterbox Defender case I'm going to receive tomorrow and use that case for my phone?

4. ghanwani macrumors 6502a

Those are supposed to be among the best for protection, but they do add a lot of bulk. So it really depends on what you prefer. If you like the style and/or you need something hardy, then it's a good choice.

There is no right (or wrong) answer here. Do what makes you comfortable and once it's done, no need to overthink it. Worst case, you would be out of the cost of shipping it back. It's not the end of the world.

I don't think anyone here can authoritatively tell you the "Otterbox is a bad choice, go with xx instead", otherwise you would have been able to find that via Google or on the reviews on Amazon.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Return the otter box! Amazon has the same case for $30 just saying. I recommend this case:
    SPIGEN SGP SGP10088 Slim Armor Case for iPhone 5/5S - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Metal Slate
    http://amzn.com/B00ANALDWQ

Get all cases on Amazon. Always cheaper 99% of the time.