Best iPhone 4 GPS App? Turn by turn\traffic\recently updated

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bella92108, Sep 6, 2010.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I KNOW this topic has been discussed to death, but like hardware, GPS apps quickly become obsolete and replaced with better, more feature-rich apps... so I'm asking as of today, what you think the best option is? I know there's the big guys, Tom Tom and Navigon, and I'm curious to what people think of them, or if there's an alternative that works even better...

Ideally here's my feature set I'd like to see:

- Present traffic conditions
    - Recently updated maps
    - Turn by turn routing
    - Good utilization of iPhone 4's resolution
    - Lane routing (aka I want it to tell me when I switch lanes or should)

I think that's about all I really need. I don't really want to have to attach an external GPS, so good use of the iPhone 4's internal GPS is key.

Any suggestions\feedback\personal experience with any of these products would be greatly appreciated. Normally I'd just try a couple and pick my favorite, but GPS apps are a bit more expensive than say a poker game ;-) so I'd rather rely on the brilliance of this community as it seems you all tend to get things right.

Thanks!

2. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

Cool, yeah that was the way I was leaning just looking at their on-screen general look and feel. I like the features it has. I'm sure they do the same thing, but all the reviews are favorable for it, which is rare.

Thank you!