Best Iphone 4 Insurance - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raith19, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Raith19 macrumors newbie

Just got my Iphone 4 and I want to take out Insurance because if it gets lost or stolen etc i can afford a £500 for a sim free phone.

I have o2 insurance but its £15 a month, 50 quid excess for claim 1, £75 excess for claim 2, £100 excess for claim 3.

Anybody know of anything cheaper but reliable out there?

Thanks

2. caseys macrumors member

Insured via my bank (lloyds TSB) - £30 excess and I get the insurance free with my type of bank account.

Also found I can insure another phone (the missus' 32gb 3GS) for only £4.99/month extra :)

Check if your bank does such deals. I find the o2 insurance seems poor vfm.

3. dubnde macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use Lloyds Silver account too. Good value for money account!

4. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I am going into town today. Whilst there I am going to upgrade to the Lloyds TSB silver account. Not only does it give phone insurance but also AA breakdown cover and European travel insurance. All for only 45p a month more than O2 charge me for insurance alone.

5. mgirg macrumors regular

O2 won't insure you unless you bought your iPhone through them. I had this problem with them as I got my iPhone from apple but am on a 12 simplicity contract. I got my insurance from protect my bubble in the end. Be careful as some places only give you a cheque for the phone rather than replace it.

6. 20193 macrumors member

InsureandGo's iPhone insurance is the way forward. £42 for Platinum coverage and only £25 excess. Even better, excess is free if you get the "Black" package.

Edit: This is only good on the 16gb model as they will only cover up to £500.

7. stephenteh macrumors newbie

How reputable this company is?

8. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

9. 20193 macrumors member

I've always used insure and go for holiday insurance and never had a problem. They also do car, home and computer insurance so they are definitely reputable.

10. teeceegee macrumors newbie

smile

I have a smile (co-op) "more" current account. £13/month. We've got it as a joint account so it covers me and my other half for car breakdown, worldwide travel insurance, and mobile phone insurance + other stuff too.

11. Mike Oxard macrumors 6502a

Mike Oxard

It's worth phoning your house insurance company up. I just called mine (Churchill) and I'm already covered for loss damage and theft, with an excess of £50 (the minimum for personal possessions) .

12. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

13. tarkmiddy macrumors newbie

Mine is also through my bank but not Lloyds

The online version of the co-operative bank www.smile.co.uk offer a 'smilemore' current account which for £13 a month will cover 4 phones up to £600 value each plus you get worldwide family travel insurance and breakdown insurance...plus discounts and a choice of some other options which include gadget insurance for your ipod etc.

Hope that helps

14. JamesHP macrumors 6502

I get mine from NatWest, £6.99 a month with a free 16-25 railcard and travel insurance. £25 excess if you claim.

15. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

That sounds like a great deal, anyone ever made a claim with this company?

16. Domo-Kun macrumors member

I get mine through my bank, barclays, £25 excess, had to chase them like a hound to get the claim sorted, but was all worth it. got £450 for a 2year old 16gb iPhone 3G, smashed to bits.

if you have a bank accoutn, go in and speak to someone in there bout extras on your account.

17. spikeyjac macrumors regular

That looks good!

18. Igantius macrumors 65816

I used them a while back for travel insurance - didn't have to make a claim and at that time, customer reviews were so-so. However, these days, there's plenty of negative feedback online about them.

19. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Im with o2 Premier insurance which is approx £14.99 a month ( I think ) and have made 3 successfull claims in the past and paid £25 excess fee for each one.

I find them very good and efficient, Usually get my replacement the next day.

BTW I bought my iPhone from CPW!

20. Raith19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems theres a lot of unhappy customers after the volcanic ash shambles! sounds a bit too good to be true. think i will investigate a bit more.

21. Igantius macrumors 65816

Yeah and I meant to say that a lot over the volcanic ash thing and in all fairness, I suspect a lot of other companies had a similar amount of criticism. I did consider using the company again a while back, but when I read some of the reviews, it didn’t inspire confidence!

22. fr00b macrumors regular

Might be worth checking with your bank.

As others have said, lloyds offer one for as little as £7.99 for mob insurance and AA cover, where as Barclays offer just mob insurance for £5 p/m. Lloyds is the Silver and Barclays the current account plus

23. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Nope, they cover more than that.
    See here

24. gc76 macrumors newbie

I have insurance through Lloyds TSB and although I am still insured by them I have to admit that I don't think there that good.

Last year I dropped my 3G iphone. I smashed the screen and got it wet. the phone struggled on for a few hours but finally died.

I went through the insurance company (lifestylegroup) who I think a lot of the banks use and it wasn't a pleasant experience. All in all it took about a month to get a new phone and that was with a lot of complaints and chasing up by myself.

Like I said I am still with them but I will be looking for someone else to go with.

It maybe cheap and this is reflected in the service you get

25. gc76 macrumors newbie

I just had a quick look on their site and the offer does seem good. Has anybody had any experience claiming with these guys??