Best Iphone 4 screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by abz1981, Feb 18, 2011.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

HI all

I am trying to find the best iphone 4 screen protector. One that is easy to put on and 2 that does not leave any residue marks if taken off, and 3 does not ruin or spoil the retina display of the iphone 4 while it is on my phone.

I have seen one at the apple store the Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 4 however read some mixed reviews about this one. Anyone recommend anything? I am in the UK so if there is something available, would need to be shipped to UK.

Thanks in advance :)

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Hands down, Power Support Crystal.

There's absolutely no other static-cling screen protector out there that can match its quality.

3. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

sgp oleophobic, dont get an anti glare, it ruins the clarity of the screen..:cool: sgp crystal clear is good too..

4. Jmill79 macrumors newbie

Yeah, Im seriously thinking about putting mine on, but really dont know. Id hate to take off the IS sein as once its off, its done. What is the feel of the piece (is it nice and smooth?) The biggest thing I hate about the IS is the feel.

5. bizfox macrumors member

You can't go wrong with a Power Support Crystal screen protector! It feels great when sliding your fingers across the screen, but you'll also have fingerprints to wipe off. I also like the anti-glare version... your iPhone, your preference, though...

I previously tried those Zagg shields (the dry type from AT&T), but they just diminish the beauty of the retina screen. Plus, they don't feel right when gliding your fingers. Try the PS. If you change your mind, you can always use your Zagg warranty to order a replacement set (they do charge shipping)...

6. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

This. Power Support is tops.

7. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i have used both brands and can attest to their quality. just avoid ANY "anti-glare" films as all of them will affect clarity to varying degrees. the power support anti-glare matte film is by far the best of all the matte films, but it still negatively affects the clarity enough to be noticeable and is not worth the tradeoff for most people.

8. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Personally I was in your position once I fell in love with the 4's display and did not want to hinder the screens quality one bit. After using it for a week without a protector I noticed how often I had to wipe down my screen from prints. May I let you know I wash my hands often through the day. So I figured with how much I often wipe my phone I wouldn't have to do it with a power support anti glare HD since a buddy of mine had one I knew what it was about. I got it and haven't turned back since. Doesn't hurt to give it a chance. Buy both the crystal & anti glare. Both $15 at an Apple store.

9. himesh macrumors regular