Best iPhone 4 screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jessicak0, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jessicak0 macrumors member

Well, see, I just got a gorgeous new iPhone 4 (yes, on Verizon). I have been so excited about the retina display, and it certainly did not disappoint.

However, after pre-ordering the phone, I also ordered a new case (which I love), and a set of screen protectors from Power Support - the HD anti-glare front and crystal back. I received them today, was really excited to put them on and see my beautiful screen shine through a fingerprint-less protector, only to turn on my phone and see it distorted like crazy.

I absolutely love the anti-glare aspect of the protector, I love the fit, and I love love love that no fingerprints show up. However.. the blurriness of the screen and the colorized pixels it shows are absolutely horrible and distracting. I do not want to trade having no fingerprints for having a horrible screen quality (it's even worse than the first gen iPod touch, and while I guess it's usable, it's distracting, especially with videos and anything bright).

SO my question to all of you is - what is, in your opinion, the best screen protector for the iPhone 4? I do not care about the anti-glare, really, especially since it seems impossible without losing screen quality.

All I really want is something that fits well and does not show fingerprints easily, while keeping the quality of the screen as close to the real thing as possible.

The crystal back of this set looks good, like it's hardly there, but it's so dang FINGERPRINT-y.

Come on, someone's gotta have a good suggestion. :)

2. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Can't help you with this one I love my anti-glare power support and the retina display comes through just fine for me. Try the crystal one for more clarity

3. jessicak0 thread starter macrumors member

that means I have the same screen protector as you, and there's no way anyone could say it comes through well. I mean, it isn't like.. unusable, but it blurs it so much and adds all those dumb color pixels. Surely it doesn't look the same on as off?

and the crystal one has a major fingerprint problem. ):

4. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

Try Ghost Armor, no fingerprints and a lifetime warranty. Got mine installed in the local mall today and it's great. They have clear and carbon fiber versions, I opted for the clear. With the screen on you can't even tell it's on there.

5. jessicak0 thread starter macrumors member

for the iPhone 4, right? so this is a protector that doesn't show fingerprints (I mean, of course some are going to show, but it isn't like distracting - if you slide your finger across it doesn't leave a grease mark, etc) and doesn't reduce the quality of the screen -at all-?

6. taskmanager macrumors regular

XO Skins ftw. Reduces finger prints, no orange peel, and doesn't feel like rubber. The privacy/anti glare drove me nutz as well. I hate the rainbow look in the sun. http://xoskins.com

7. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

Yup, just put it on my Verizon iPhone and no fingerprints and I cannot tell any difference in the screen quality when the screen is on. When it's off you can tell it's there but that really doesn't matter. Check it out: http://www.ghost-armor.com/

8. TEHi macrumors regular

Sorry but the only way to avoid fingerprints is using the AG screen protectors.

You could try the SGP Ultraoleophobic ones, they reportedly reduce fingerprints and grease on the screen like the bare iphone 4 srceen.

Any other clear/crystal screen protector makes the phone looks so dirty and gross, and even more if you just made a call with a sweaty face.

9. taskmanager macrumors regular

10. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

I have the power support AG and I'm a fan...I had this on my 3GS the whole time I owned and I just bought another overpriced ($14.99) pack of two yesterday at the Apple store for my new VZW iPhone 4...sure it's a little less bright looking but it's worth it to me to avoid glare and finger prints...

11. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

The best screen protector for the iPhone 4 would be Power support crystal or the Power support hd anti glare.