Best iPhone 4S case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ty7u5, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ty7u5 macrumors member

What is the best iPhone 4S case, that is my only question?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

What kind of cases do you like? Hard? Soft? Both?

3. Norinion macrumors regular

There is no such option as a "best case", its all people's personal opinions, depends whether you want protection, slim-ity (made that up, aka. "barely there"), thin, thick, silicon, aluminum, plastic etc etc. Go Look at these threads and go find your favorite.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not sure why so many forum users don't seem to understand this but "best" is always highly subjective. You haven't provided any critiera, preferences, budget etc (as is typical with threads asking "What is the best...?") so it's impossible for us to give you any relevant suggestions. Without context, best doesn't mean anything. In the mean time, browse the existing threads and read up to see what sounds like it would suit you.

If a universal best existed then everyone would use that case. It doesn't take much looking around in the real world to realize that there's no such thing.

5. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Ok seriously you need to chill out man. Obviously he means subjectively. He wants people to say what they think the best case is he will put that list together then find one that suits him. I for one would have liked to have a list like that handy so I could have saved myself a ton of money before finding the case I currently Love. For me it's currently the Apple iPhone bumper in black. Just like that the complete phone is visible but I have lay on the table design.

6. Mag1c22 macrumors member

I personally loved using the Element Vapor Pro case knock off with my iphone 4s.

It looked terrific and felt great in my hand. I also enjoy the incase slider case.

I am back to going naked now though...

7. iFalcon macrumors regular

I've been using the Incipio NGP for quite some time with my Iphone 4S. There is a pretty good thread on this forum about people liking it. It's quite nice, but does add a little thickness.

Last night I was in Office Depot and they started to carry the iLuv Gelato for $14. I am very happy how good it feels. About the same materia as the NGP, but definately thinner. It feels great in the hand.

The one from Office Depot has a much large cutoff from the camera with no impacts to the flash. Not sure if the one at Amazon has a larger opening or not.

http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-Gelato-Soft-Flexi-Case-iPhone/dp/B004J6CENM

8. GrannySmith123 macrumors member

You want ultimate protection? Otterbox defender series or Griffin Survivor. Both retail for $50 and they offer amazing protection. I have the otterbox defender series my friend has a Griffin survivor.

I have to say the silicone on the outside of the otterbox does tend to pop out after some use and its really annoying. It just sticks out like that and its annoying I'm not sure if it does that on survivor.

Survivor on the other hand is more rugged and offers more protection however it is bulkier. Its somewhat waterproof unlike the otterbox and it covers EVERYTHING the camera is covered with a flap and same with the speakers.

If I were you go with the survivor. Offers more protection plus the silicone won't come off like on the otterbox.

9. ScottS4UofA macrumors member

I too would suggest either the Otterbox Defender or the Griffin Survivor. I took each out of the box and I found that the Otterbox silicone for the iPhone 4S is a lot tighter than the silicone that was on my defender I had my iPhone 4 in. I didn't like the Survivor's little flap over the volume/silent switch. It just wouldn't stay shut.