Best iPhone 5 case to get immediately at Best Buy?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I'm pretty good at taking care of my phone. However with all the scuff talk I'm wondering, since I know ordering online will mean waiting to get a case and I want to protect the phone immediately, which case is best to get at Best Buy?

Should I focus on protecting the screen? I'm planning on getting the Black version.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
I purchased a clear Rocketfish case at BB for temporary use on launch day. I've been using an Otter Box Defender since it has been delivered. However, when not outdoors (I hike everyday), I have used the Rocketfish.

Comment

ichavis

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I got one of the platinum series iphone 5 cases with the belt clip..they have a deal with a zagg screen protector for $49 or so...otherwise the case is the standard $34.99 price..its low profile, light, etc...works for me.

Comment

D-Back

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
I picked up this one at bestbuy the other day for $39.99:

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=6632253&pid=1218767477725

Features a 2 piece design so i can dock it if I ever find a dock, and has a built in kickstand.

Comment

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
I got the Rocketfish Soft Case (harder than I expected) at Best Buy on launch day, and love it. I meant for it to be a temporary case until I could get a Commuter, but I think I'm just going to keep this one. Thinner than the Commuter, good button response, good feel.

Comment

CH34P3T

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
The City of Roses
Belkin Grip Candy Sheer

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&st=Grip+candy+sheer

Comment

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Another vote for Belkin Candy Grip Sheer. Won't scratch your phone, fits well, and offers good scratch/scuff protection. I don't know about drops since it is just a TPU case.

Comment

irulan

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
I also recommend the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer. I bought mine on launch day after shopping around, and I love it.

Comment

SmittS

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
got any pics of how this looks?
I just got one today. Looks and feels nice, but the sleep/wake button doesn't work. It doesn't move and depending on how the case is placed on the phone, it will actually hold the button down. Hoping I just got a bad one, because it looks nice.

Comment

illomatic3

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
I just got one today. Looks and feels nice, but the sleep/wake button doesn't work. It doesn't move and depending on how the case is placed on the phone, it will actually hold the button down. Hoping I just got a bad one, because it looks nice.
cool thanks, and the back is clear/frosted? want to get it for my black ip5 but feel like it'll look weird on a black phone if it is frosted.

Comment

djransom

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I just purchased the same case and it has this exact same problem.

Comment

neworleans-7

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
I have the black case-mate artistry wood case and two rocketfish tpu cases. All are pretty decent to me.

Comment

mytran80

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2009
Bestbuy is a waste of time and has complete **** selection. Just order online.
Best buy has the largest name brand iPhone 5 cases speck , agent18, incase, belkin,case mate ,otterbox , and more . You can't even find half of these sold and shipped by amazon , also loving best buys online price match policy in store

Comment

enzo thecat

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2010
Midwest USA
I got the Rocketfish Soft Case (harder than I expected) at Best Buy on launch day, and love it. I meant for it to be a temporary case until I could get a Commuter, but I think I'm just going to keep this one. Thinner than the Commuter, good button response, good feel.
Same here! I bought the clear one. LOVE IT!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.