Best iphone 5 screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SuperMiguel, Sep 27, 2012.

1. SuperMiguel, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2010
    Best iphone 5 screen protector

otter box any good?
  2. IconicM macrumors regular

Jan 30, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Green Onion Supply is supposed to be pretty good but I haven't tried it. I have tried Spigen SGP and those are pretty, and most people seem to like them.
  3. bahndoos macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2010
    Waiting for the Spigen Steinheil Ultra Optics shield for i5. Had one on my i4 and that thing is unbeatable for matte clarity and fingerprint/smudge resistance.
  4. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2012
    michigan north detroit
    My zagg seems ok.
    I have spg also but have not used it yet..
  5. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

Oct 24, 2011
    I have tried many SP from matte to crystal to olephobic. My favorite type is the oleophobics ones. In order of prefference:

1) Green Onions Supply Oleophobic: Same oil resistance as naked screen. My current favorite.

2)Spigen Oleophobic: Less oil resistant than the naked screen, but still acceptable.

3) Power Support : Although they have an oleophobic coating it is minimal. But have the advantage of being much more scratch resistant than GO and PS.

I don't recommend matte as they cause a rainbow effect, and crystal ones look the same as oleophobic but are a fingerprint magnet.
  6. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I use to hate zagg. However, since they released the HD and Extreme I've become a fan. Doesn't have that nasty orange peel effect and actually feels like glass.
  7. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Sep 28, 2010
  8. Meerkatdawg macrumors newbie

Oct 16, 2012
    The one that comes with otterbox commuter is a pretty basic Screen protector. It has a cutout at the home button and a cutout at the speaker so the very top of your phone and bottom are uncovered. I prefer the ones that have the precise hole cut out.

Don't have experience of the defender. I don't like the look and it's so clunky, if I required that much protection I'd buy another phone.
  9. maniacphoner macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2010
  10. TG1 macrumors 6502a

Feb 21, 2011
    I've been very happy with the SGP Ultra Crystals and Power Support Crystal Films. Clarity is top priority for me. :)
  11. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Sep 28, 2010
    Just got home from working all day in Manchester, to find I had got my SPIGEN Full Body in the post, will install tomorrow and post some pics up.