Best iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Cases

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 5, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are the two most popular smartphones Apple has ever released thanks to their larger 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screen sizes. Given that nearly nine months have passed since the devices were launched in September, there are now a variety of cases and accessories available for both. As such, we have rounded up some of the best iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus cases based on pricing, quality and features.

Many of the cases featured below were brought to our attention within the MacRumors discussion forums by users who participated in a Ask MacRumors thread earlier this year or in other forum discussions. A few other accessory makers included in this roundup were originally highlighted in our Buyer's Guide of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus cases last September. All testimonials were obtained by MacRumors forum members with minor editing for spelling and grammar purposes.

Apple Leather Case

[​IMG]

Look along the back walls of most Apple Stores and your eyes will be treated to a colorful array of Apple Leather Cases for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Available in black, red, midnight blue, olive brown and soft pink, this Apple-designed case has a thin, protective design with a soft microfiber lining on the inside and premium leather on the outside. Available for iPhone 6 ($45) and iPhone 6 Plus ($49), the case is more expensive than some others but a tried and trusted option nevertheless.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Best iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Cases

2. Uncle David, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

Uncle David macrumors member

Accidental message. Couldn't figure out how to delete it.

3. Uncle David macrumors member

Glad my BookBook made the cut, but curious as to why my Mophie Juice Pack didn't make the grade.

4. EgbertAttrick macrumors regular

I have Apple leather case for my 6. I loved it right away, and love it even more eight months later. It has protected the phone from decent drops, and has worn interestingly. The leather quality isn't that great, but it holds up well and looks nice, with minimal compromise to the phone's design integrity.

5. Pyrhonen macrumors member

6. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

Hey Speck! I loved the PixelSkin case on my iPhone 4. PLEASE bring it back to the 6 Plus!

[​IMG]

7. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

8. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

I have the CaseMate Tough Case on my 6 Plus. I love it.

9. darklordvader77 macrumors newbie

It's a shame Spigen Neo-Hybrid Metal is in this list.

I had Wi-Fi Reception issues (there's a thread here also i think about them), sent e-mail to Spigen and never bothered to send me back! A friend of mine don't have these issues so i think it's a very random problem. (both of them were on the same order)

Nevertheless i bought Incipio NGP and it rocks! The matte finish in the back, the not too flexible tpu.. it's the best case i ever had! So it's only Incipio NGP from now on for me.

10. rosario1990 macrumors regular

Looking good. Not bad.

11. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Originally I was using the CM4 Q card case for my 6 Plus; but after a month or so I switched to i-Blason Wallet case JeffyTheQuik mentioned above. It's great - unlike the CM4 case it really can fully replace your wallet (as long as you're not George Costanza, anyway).

I've got my debit card, credit card, Costco card, transit pass, drivers license, and insurance card in there... plus a little cash. My old wallet has been sitting on a shelf, unused, for months now.

12. bddddat macrumors newbie

Evutec carbon fiber cases. Best out there looks-wise and excellent protection. Expensive though.

13. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

I really like the Apple leather case. Had a difficult time finding a case that wasn't too bulky but could keep my phone from being scratched and wasn't plastered with logos.

14. dypeterc macrumors member

If you want an ultra lightweight and thin (0.5mm) case go for the carbon fiber Lightweight Schutzchild case. It's from a German bike component maker that specializes in carbon fiber. It's a little expensive at close to $100 but the fit and finish is perfect. image.jpg

image.jpg

15. Juarez7514 macrumors member

16. DaveMcM76 macrumors regular

I'm loving this Snugg on my iPhone6 and it was a very good price too -http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N98LY2S

Before that I had this Spigen but I really didn't get on with it at all - too many hard edges and it pinched where the outer hard shell clipped over the TPU inner.

17. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

I ordered the Spigen Neo-Hybrid whenever I first ordered my iPhone 6 Plus. it was marked as shipped with a fake tracking number on Amazon and didn't actually get to my house until around 2.5 - 3 months later. I complained and got a full refund and sold the case they sent me. Won't do business with them again, their customer service and ordering was horrible.

18. Allin44 macrumors 6502

No love for the UAG cases? What are people's thoughts on those?

UAG is what I'm looking at for when I get my 6s Plus.

19. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

20. JoePa2624 macrumors regular

JoePa2624

I have the Apple Leather in brown and love it. The more it wears in, the more interesting it gets.

21. Sill macrumors 6502

Are there any decent shock resistant cases for the 6/6+ that include a belt clip? I already have the Otterbox Defender for my 5, I just wanted to see if there were any other good ones out there. (Yes, I know that belt clips haven't been "cool" since Y2K was a thing. I need it for my job, and I'd prefer having a clip even if I didn't require it)

22. djgamble macrumors 6502a

I use a black leather case (Apple branded) that I bought with my iPhone. Haven't seen any others that meet the same standard.

Only issue I notice is that the sides expand over time (they are leather so absorb sweat/oil from my hands). Just makes it likk a bit bumpy on the sides... no biggie because it's a natural property of leather. More just an observation.

23. mgmacius macrumors newbie

100$? Insane price fir piece of plastic worth maybe 2 or 5$...

24. BuffaloTF macrumors 6502a

Apple Leather in black for my 5S, and I can't imagine having anything else on my next one. It's taken a few more spills than I'd like to admit and kept each one safe. The couple digs and scratches in the leather itself makes it look even better.

25. star-affinity macrumors 6502a

star-affinity

Apple silicon case. Great fit. Great grip. No animal involved. No questionable plastic polymers involved (I think/hope).