Best iPhone 6 clear case which a large edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by YoungPup, Feb 5, 2015.

1. YoungPup macrumors newbie

Hi, I currently have the Best Buy exclusive, MODAL iPhone 6 case, and it's the best case I've ever had, it has the PERFECT lip that goes over the screen, and the case just makes me feel comfortable :) that being said, it's not a clear case, and I really want a clear case. I've seen other threads about clear cases, but I figured I'd make my own. Here is a vid so you can see the lip for yourself http://youtu.be/-A6bch_h4mI?t=2m23s

I have yet to find a case with a lip as big as that, on a clear case, and I don't understand why. If I could make my own case, I would.

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Thread bumping is against the forum rules, FYI.

With that said, have you gone to Amazon\eBay and just searched? Clear cases and raised edges don't really come together, because the concept of a clear case is is visibility of the phone, but the downside is it comes with minimal protection.

You may want to look at "clear TPU cases" on eBay... that's likely going to get you the closest to what you're trying to accomplish. TPU is kind of a rubbery grippy material, but most of the time they have a bit of a lip to them. They're the only material that comes in clear that I know will give you a significant lip.

You may want to look at PowerSupport cases sold at the apple store as supposedly they have a really thin lip.

3. YoungPup thread starter macrumors newbie

I have searched on Amazon for hours, and have found many clear cases (That have a TPU edge) that have a slight lip, but not enough for me to feel comfortable. They'll have like a 0.8mm lip. But I'll search on eBay. Thanks :)

4. eko91 macrumors regular

random case

I came across a random case on Amazon while searching for a clear iPhone 6 case. This case seems to have a slight lip. I am not sure how protective the case may be due to the cheap price. But it does have dual layers and it seems protective to me. I always use cheap phone cases through amazon/ebay and I have never ruined my phones before!

5. YoungPup thread starter macrumors newbie

Link? :D

----------

Link? :D

6. eko91 macrumors regular

Link!!

Sorry I thought I posted the link... :(

I couldn't find the case I mentioned earlier but I tried my best to find a better case.

This company seems to offer many great iphone 6 cases that are clear. Yet the bottom doesn't have the lip!

Spigen from Amazon

CASE BUDDY

7. gppittjk macrumors regular