Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schizoide

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
Hi,

So I just got my brand new iPhone 7 Plus and I currently don't have a case for it. I was thinking about getting a clear case since that's the only way for people to see the new matte black color :p. Are transparent cases good or should I get the silicone one from apple? What are your thoughts?

Krabba

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
I'm a big fan of my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Clear back so the black is visible with a rubber bumper around the edges. I unfortunately dropped mine yesterday while trying to retrieve it from my back pocket in a parking lot. I was SUPER anxious about it as I tend to take great care of my things and rarely drop my phone, especially outdoors. It landed on the bottom corner of the case then came to rest flat on its back. A single tiny knick in the rubber bumper was the only damage done. Not even noticeable unless I'm looking hard for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Hybrid-Cushion-Technology-Protection/dp/B01GIWH34O?th=1&psc=1

84e680826aac201d5a8fe06ca18e7ac3.jpg

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I've used the Apple leather case exclusively since they've been available from the 5 to the 7+. That being said, I feel on the 7+ it really adds some weight to it, so I've ordered a cheap TPU case from eBay. Hopefully it's as grippy as it is light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.