Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
Everything about that concept is pretty accurate, except for the the camera. It will not be flush, people.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Everything about that concept is pretty accurate, except for the the camera. It will not be flush, people.

For one, when you look at the video at one minute and 35 seconds it does not show the camera to be flushed or even two minutes and six seconds into the video. Second, this is just a concept nothing more, so how do you know it's pretty accurate?

Reactions: 44267547

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
S'purdy. Not sure how Touch ID integration with the power button would work unless it was a swipe like Samsung's implementation and I was never all that impressed with that. Seems like it would be even more awkward on the side of the device.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
For one, when you look at the video at one minute and 35 seconds it does not show the camera to be flushed or even two minutes and six seconds into the video. Second, this is just a concept nothing more, so how do you know it's pretty accurate?
It's not flush at all in that video. Apple will not go back to a flush camera.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Phone looks really nice for a concept, very similar to the S8. I'd rather they make the camera flush and give it slightly better battery life instead of making the phone thinner.

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney
Sadly this looks better than the real one will. The rich metallic hues on the bezel; doubtful Apple will achieve that. You only get that with expensive alloys.

Apple prioritises cheaper and mass-produced manufacturing processes which is why it's had so many problems with finishes over the years.

Wondering what the "gate" will be for this phone.

Last edited:

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
The concept is good the creator should send it to Tim Cook and Jonny Ives. Let them know what we all want as well
Camera is too flush albeit practical

MikeFromTexas

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2010
Don't know how accurate it is (close I think) but Apple should hire these guys for their marketing Dept at once!!!!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Don't know how accurate it is (close I think) but Apple should hire these guys for their marketing Dept at once!!!!

I definitely wouldn't hire them to make a commercial for them.... but I would hire them in their hardware design department

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Serious iPhone 4 vibes, which is awesome. I was thinking today though, why don't Apple make the iPhone screen out of the same material as the stainless steel Apple Watch? That thing is almost completely unscratchable, yet iPhone screens continue to be quite easily scratched.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Serious iPhone 4 vibes, which is awesome. I was thinking today though, why don't Apple make the iPhone screen out of the same material as the stainless steel Apple Watch? That thing is almost completely unscratchable, yet iPhone screens continue to be quite easily scratched.

I imagine because that would get really expensive and cutting down on their profit margins would be out of the question for Apple since 250 billion in cash is just not enough... So they would have to charge way too much money for the iphone.

Reactions: 576316

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY

Sapphire crystal is very difficult to scratch, but will shatter easier than the iPhone glass. Especially since the iPhone screen is so much larger. A new improved Gorilla glass is probably a better guess.

biscuit0819

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2016
Woah, this looks amazing and probably not too far from the reality. The back looks a little off when face on but hell yes I'd take this. But give me a matte finish over metallic.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
This video was so futuristic and the iPhone looked so nice, I thought towards the end, the top portion of the iPhone was going to project a interactive holographic image. iPhone better take a cue from this or Samsung will probably make a Galaxy S9 that will make this a reality before Apple does. Apple should probably hire the guy to make some of their ads before Samsung does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.