Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jw nyc, Jul 15, 2010.
What's the best iPhone app to track down a lost iPhone? Thanks.
There isn't one.
^ Yes, there is.
Is that better than FoneHome?
All the other ones you have to open before you lock your phone.
FoneHome stays open in the background after you launch it once. You could also send a push notification to your phone that will make it automatically open the next time the phone is unlocked. I just want to know if there is anything better on the market.
I've submitted an big update for TrackMyPhone. Update includes:
- Brand new display name, app icon, and splash screen
- Much improved tracking. Tracks more often and more accurately, while not destroying battery life
- Will no longer submit duplicate location requests (will not update unless new location is more than 100 meters, looking at user customized options)
- New settings page to clean up the screen
- Retina display graphics
- Map within the app to view current location or the last 10 locations (all locations viewable on web interface)
- Ability to turn on a passkey lock. When enabled, app will prompt for this key to "unlock" the app any time it is accessed. For iPhone 4 users, if an incorrect passkey is entered, the front camera takes a picture of the "culprit" and the photo is uploaded to the server as well as emailed to the address associated with the account.
Should hopefully be approved any day now. The design team that made the icon is also working on a matching web UI, so the whole web interface component of the app is getting a makeover as well.
I'll have promo codes for v1.1 once it goes live.
Full iTunes descriptions: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trackmyphone/id368149172?mt=8 (ignore ugly UI and icon in current version )
Screenshots of update below.