Best iphone battery case that protects screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pjny, Aug 12, 2012.

1. pjny macrumors 6502a

Hi,

My XPAL Powerskin iphone 4s case charger took a bad fall on concrete and now the button on the bottom that activates the phone charge function is broken. The case also split open on the side where the impact happened. I can probably glue it back but I don't want to take chances that something else happened to electronics inside.

I love this case because the case on the screen size is not flush with the screen - it offers about 1mm protection on the screen side so phone screen is not damaged. I've probably dropped this a dozen times so I'm thankful for saving my phone. I looked at Boostcase online - does it have a protective screen side like Powerskin?

The XPAL is no longer available at BH Photo and i was looking at some newer alternatives before ordering on Amazon for $50. I also have the Phonesuite Elite but the plastic top section broke around the volume button and i now have to tape the two sections together or the top section comes off when I remove the phone from my pocket.

I'm looking for similar capacity (about 2000mah), non-hard plastic like the XPAL, and non-slippery surface.

Thanks.

2. griffinmeyer macrumors member

Mophie JuicePak Pro

3. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

I have had the mophie juice pack since October 2011 and it has protected my phone from several drops I've the last few months.

4. thedward macrumors newbie

5. pjny thread starter macrumors 6502a

I saw the mophies but didn't like that the case was flush with the screen. My friend dropped and cracked his screen when the phone hit ground even though he had a case. I also think they are way overpriced.

I really liked the Phonesuite for the fast charging(1amp vs. .5amp) of the phone when you turn on the charger.

But it doesnt have the protective screen edges.

6. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

As far as protection goes, the mophie juice pack PRO will be the most protective battery case available. It is like an otterbox defender with a battery pack. I can't throw a link up right now, I'm on my phone but copy this link in the address bar and it should take you to the mophie juice pack pro.

http://www.mophie.com/juice-pack-PRO-Rugged-case-for-iPhone-4-4S-p/2120_jppr-ip4-blk.htm

That has my vote for most protective iPhone battery case.