Best iPhone Blutooth?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fozo, Jan 17, 2008.

1. fozo macrumors member

What is the best recommand blutooth for iPhone?

2. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

From all the reviews I read before I got mine I found it really depends based on your preferences.

If you generally like ipod/iphone headphones then check out the Apple BlueTooth headset. It is a unique fit which really seems to be hit or miss.

Since I love ipod/iphone headsets and they fit my ear perfectly this was the choice for me. I love it. Great clarity, lightweight, and perfect for driving in the car.

3. kjiphone macrumors member

Bluetooth Speakerphone

What is the best bluetooth speakerphone with the iphone? I have the proclip to mount my iphone in my mazda miata but I would l like a good speakerphone. I have tried both BlueAnt Supertooth Light and Supertooth II. The Supertooth Light worked well but the microphone broke after a couple of months. The Supertooth II cut out quite a bit on the speakerphone. Everyone said they could hear me but I couldn't hear them.

Thanks!

4. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

The three most common bluetooth headsets I've seen with positive reviews are the Apple headset, the Jawbone, and the Blue Ant Z9.

I've not used either the Apple headset or the Jawbone, so I can't comment.

I do have the Blue Ant Z9. It works extremely well for me. If I'm in an open room, I can get up to 20-25 feet away with no static. My iPhone has v1.1.1 on it. The Z9 has great battery life. Clear calls 99% of the time. It has two modes of noise cancellation. I almost always use the normal setting.

A couple of things....the Blue Ant Z9 does have upgradeable firmware (only drawback is that the process is PC/Windoze only, I haven't been able to make it work in Parallels either). They have been pretty responsive in the updates. Also, I'm not sure if this is an iPhone quirk, or Blue Ant Z9 quirk. Whenever you receive a call, and use the iPhone to answer the call, the call is on the iPhone speaker and mic (even though it is connected via BT to the Z9). You then have to transfer the call to the Z9 with a button press. If you answer via a button press on the Z9, it's on the Z9. I sometimes mistakenly push the answer button on the iPhone while wearing the Z9, and have to transfer. This is also the case when listening to voice mail....when you start playing back a voice mail, I always have to tell the iPhone to transfer the audio to the Z9 and not play it on the iPhone's speaker.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the Z9. I'd love to have voice dialing. I miss that feature from my old Nokias. But that has nothing to do with the Z9.

HTH.

5. ewxlt macrumors regular

Motorola H700 syncs easily and performs adequately on the iPhone.

$39 of Amazon.com

6. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I second the blueant Z9. the earpiece makes the callers sound perfectly natural. Outgoing sound quality is very good as well.

I own a Jawbone, and a few jabra's, and a samsung wep200 as well. the outgoing voice quality is best on the jawbone, and the noise cancellation is amazing, BUT the jawbone earpiece sounds so hollow and tinny! plus im sure i dont have to mention the jawbone is a pig when it comes to comfort. it will take you half the day to get it on your ear properly.

the jabras i have are terrible. bt125, 135, and jx10. all of them sound EXACTLY the same.....BAD

the wep200 is actually a pretty good sounding headset, inbound and out. its just uncomfortable, and cheap feeling.

I did not like the apple headset at all, i actually returned it the next day. sound was ok, but range is terrible. and dont make any sudden movements because the thing WILL fly out of your ear.

Z9!

7. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Can I use any bluetooth headset with the iPhone? If not, how do I know which ones I can?

I am thinking about getting the Samsung WEP200 (it is cheap and small) I do not want one that hooks over my ear, so this might be a good option. I will only be using it in th car.

I also need to know if the sound rings through the headset, I listen to music pretty loud in my car, so I cannot here the phone by itself.

8. nyfinest32 macrumors regular

for me, my apple bt sounds low compared to other bt's and it also has alot of static. can u hear well in noisy places with the z9?

9. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

Motorola Pure H12 + iPhone

Has anyone tried the Moto Pure H12 with their iPhone? If so, did they work well together? Thanks!

10. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Yes. VERY yes. i never have the volum on the Z9 up all the way, its too loud. i always keep it about 2 notches below max, sound loud and clear even in the loading dock of my cousins shop that has a VERY loud heater/blowing air thing. you have to scream to get the other person to hear you when this thing kicks in, but when my fiance called me while it was blowing i heard her perfectly, and she hear me as well, had to kick in the max noise cancellation tho.:cool:

Second guy: I've had the moto H12 for about a week now. If i didnt know about the Z9 or Jawbone, i'd say it was a great headset. its got great inbound and outbound sound quality. its really comfortable, and the charging station rocks.
    the noise cancellation is a joke though. its over priced as well. it works just fine on the iphone. theres better headsets that can be bought for that money. unless you want to be different....just dont expect the noise cancellation to....work.