Best iPhone Case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Martron, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Martron macrumors regular

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but I'm a new iPhone user and am wondering what people think. I noticed a lot of cases are pretty bulky and even cover the volume buttons, but I'm looking for something that is fairly open in terms of access to everything. Any suggestions?

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Fairly open isn't at all what the Otterbox Defender is. however, you have access to everything with ease and can pretty much spray your phone off the table onto the ground with a garden hose and not worry about it.

3. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

I have the mophie juice pack air...thing is tits

4. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Otterbox commuter case...enough protection and access; yet not too bulky.

5. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I have the incipio feather case and I love it, I wanted something that didn't add any bulk to the phone and it's perfect for that. Comes in some great colours/finishes too.

6. juan370Z macrumors regular

i own the mophie juice pack plus red that case is boss

7. Metal Dice macrumors regular

Metal Dice

I prefer not to use cases, however I do have a favorite. For good protection and decent looks I would suggest the
    Speck Pixelskin HD.

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I keep going back to CAZE.
    Great, extremely light weight case. Barely know it's even there.

9. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

10. schizbomb macrumors 6502

This + 1 bajillion

Amazing case.

11. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use the Casemate "barely there" case and love it.

12. Martron thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, lots of options. Does anyone have any opinions on the Contour Hardcase or Incase Slide? I like that both of those don't cover the volume buttons and that they have a small lip on the front to protect falling on the glass. Are there any others that are similar?

13. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

Before the juice pack I had the 12 south bookbook. It was cool and functional but the juice pack to me just looks better and I never worry about my battery

14. FACADE macrumors newbie

FACADE

15. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I loved my Mophie, but I ended up getting the first one replaced because it broke the thin portion of the case that is on the front of the phone along the volume controls. AT&T Store was cool and replaced it. however, the replacement eventually did the same thing.

I'm done with them until they reinforce the design.

16. Anthony81586 macrumors regular

Which did u get? Apple did a slight redesign of it, which differs from the "closed-top" version. So far mine is top notch,mi havent had it long tho

17. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Sounds like the Incipio Feather is something right up your alley, very open case.

18. Qman89 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think that the best case is the tough case by case mate and you could just cut out the volume buttons but I don't know why you would want to its very responsive

19. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

20. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I'm a Case-aholic

I'm a Case-aholic and my favorites are the Speck Candyshell cases and CaseMate tough cases. Good double-layer protection with fairly low-profile, slim casing and lots of nice colors/designs to choose from. Combine one of these with a Power Support screen protector and you're fairly safe if you drop your phone (I have lots of experience!).:eek:

21. rellimie macrumors member

22. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek

I like the Case-Mate POP 1.0.

It is similar to the Speck Candyshell but a bit thinner and lighter. Also has grippy sides.

23. appleisgod macrumors regular

The incase slider is the case I've used on all my iPhones since the 3G. It's by far the best case out there.

24. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

+1

Just got mine today at Best Buy. MUCH thinner/nicer then Otter Box, but access to the power port is tight. The official Apple cable works, but my 3rd party cable does not fit.

Aslo their case blocks the light sensor on the 4s so you have to turn of auto-dim. They have a plan to fix that and will send out an free upgrade to the fixed case when its ready upon request.

25. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I'm currently using a Burton Speck case similar to this one. The only difference is the pattern in the back, which is black and white. The case is "fitted" which makes the phone feel like it's encased tightly in it. It also has a soft back that makes it feel as if it was made out of cloth.

I've looked and looked on different sites, but can't seem to find it. Perhaps the pattern has been discontinued.