Best iPhone Charger- Efficient and Solar Powered

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPhoneGosu, Aug 11, 2009.

1. iPhoneGosu macrumors newbie

Ok, so I know most of you probably think that solar powered chargers are a joke, but I recently bought this one off amazon that works great. If you are like me, and like to do the "enviornmentally" conscious thing, its perfect. It also fully charges in under 3 hours from just sunlight, and its completely solar powered. I never even have to use my other charger anymore.

Anyways, I posted my review in a blog, so check it out and leave a comment please. This is by far the best accessory ive bought for my iPhone

http://hubpages.com/hub/iPhoneGoGreen

2. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

LOL - at $75 you probably used more energy and resources to manufacture, package and ship the case than the $3-$4 in energy per year (if that) you're 'saving' by using this.

To each his own, just doesn't make sense to me.

Welcome to MacRumors BTW.

3. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

pretty neat! and no i dont think solar power is a joke. i dont know why anyone would? it would be useful for daytime car trips. too bad i already have a kensington mount that charges it in my car though.

4. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    I've often wondered about these solar powered chargers...

"enviornmentally" conscious aside.... I'm liking it for boating, beach & yardwork etc...... i'll put it on my want list...

Thanks and Welcome!!

EDIT: hey OP post some better pics please? the ones onine $uck

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's one way of thinking about it. However, I've always wanted one so that I don't have to worry about an electricity source when one is not available. Thanks for recommending this OP. I can't go to the link here at work, but I had seen some on amazon for that price. Is this a case charger or is it separate (like an external charger)?

6. henryhok macrumors newbie

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I liked this one because it did the batteries too.

http://www.rangerjoes.com/powerfilm-solar-charger-p-4910.html

not cheap at all, but living in a hurricane zone and having a car that the jacks don't charge the phone unless it's on, I have a need. Just not the money to get it! Lol! But I can acutally see a lot of uses for it, maybe i'll make it a joint Christmas gift for my dad, mom and I. Hmmmm, whose house will it stay at then?

9. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Probably spam.

At least you found the right category. I mean, the product may be nice, but... buy an ad.

I know a lot of the accessory posts sound like spam, but thread-bump + first-post + "I found..." text + fake-concern "I worried...at first" = no-brainer.

Worse yet, if it hasn't been ordered and tested by a Macrumors regular already, it could be a scam or just not work with the 3G/3GS anyways.

10. SooneratND macrumors regular

Riiight.. because we all know price is directly proportional to resources consumed.

Money does not equal energy used.