Best iPhone Clone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lunaxp, Aug 11, 2008.

1. lunaxp macrumors newbie

If you have found an iPhone clone, please post, it is interesting to see how far they can push the knock offs!

2. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

LG Vu, LG Dare, Samsung Instinct, Samsung Glyde, Some Chinese look alikes with nondescript and shady descriptions on eBay:D, those are some of mine.

Keep in mind that the iPhone cannot truly be cloned, EVER!!! None of these phones or others come even close to the iPhone in terms of UI, features, and overall customer satisfaction.

First post :p

3. markdenver macrumors newbie

Blackberry is releasing model 9530 in October strictly on Verizon. Its a larger touch screen than the iphone 3g, allows to switch to horizontal or vertical keyboard on screen when sending texts, glass screen, designed to feel like your actually pushing down on buttons when you touch the screen, bluetooth stereo music capable, and several similar features to the iphone 3g. I think this one will be the one that either matches or beats the iphone. I read the reviews on this phone and has me really interested but I dont think I could ever leave the iphone 3g.

4. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I saw this at Microcenter in Chicago.

Attached Files:

5. doctajay macrumors member

I'm not sure if its fair to call all of these phones iPhone clones (maybe the Chinese ones). What the iPhone did was wake all of these manufacturers up, showing them that people like innovation and prefer large touch screens and intuitive designs. What you will be seeing in the future is different responses from Samsung, HTC, Blackberry, etc. to meet their customers needs...and wants. For that, I appreciate the Iphone, it has finally made even Windows Mobile more interesting.

6. aphexii macrumors 6502

This review over at engadget wasn't too keen on the Blackberry Thunder's (aka 9530) tactile keyboard in its current form;

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/09/blackberry-thunder-not-ready-disappointing-and-kills-puppies/

7. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

That looks more like a knock-off of the iPod Touch then an iPhone.

8. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I agree...still they are both very similar