Best iPhone dock for the vehicle?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by j2048b, Jul 27, 2010.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

I am looking for the best iPhone dock that either connects to the window, or I can connect by screws or something to the dash?

I would prefer one to connect to the dash!

Any info?

Thanks!

2. Nothlit macrumors regular

The highest quality one you can get is probably one of the ProClip mounts. They consist of two parts: a mount which is specific for your vehicle and usually clips into the dash (very securely) as well as a holder for your specific device which screws into the mount. This combination will give you a very stable mount on your dash, but it is pretty pricey. Most of the mounts are around $30 and the device holders range from $25 to $70 or more, depending on features (whether adjustable, whether it has a passthrough for your dock cable, etc.). So you're looking at anywhere from $55 to $100 or more depending on the type of mount you want.

There may be other good quality dash mounts out there, but this is just one in particular that I am familiar with.

3. reliantj macrumors 6502

check this out. plus directly into your cassette deck and receives power from your cig lighter outlet.

[​IMG]

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Do they have a version that works with an 8-track also?

5. lnferno macrumors 6502

:D

6. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

I am thinking about picking up a mount from Arkon: http://www.arkon.com/iPhone_4_Car_Mount.php

They have a bunch of option and are about a third of the price of the proclip. Plus they work with a case on the phone which is a huge decision maker for me. They also have a bunch of mounting options.

7. reliantj macrumors 6502

yeah they do.