Best IPhone Earphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macnificant, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

I had a pair of skullcandy FMJ but they broke. Ordered a new pair and found out they dont offer the hands free option

I am looking for earphones that can be used with the phone and ipod.

any suggestions?

2. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

If you have a soldering iron or any friends with one, I'd solder in/any of your earphones you have laying around. It saves money and you keep the line in mic/remote functionality.
    see link for how to.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=sold...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I had the 2g iphone and soldered in some pioneer in ear buds and they're great. I recently upgraded to the 3gs and I find the stock earphones usable so I won't mod them...yet.

3. BigBearAZ macrumors newbie

don't have any first hand experience other than the oem ones that come with the iphone. I'm waiting to read a few more reviews about the Klipsch S4i (or S4); basically the S4 headphones with in-line mic and controls.

Was considering the Moda Vibe Duos but the reviews are pretty mixed and lead me to believe there are better options.

Still considering the Apple in-ear headphones as I've read they can be pretty decent with different tips.

4. GetZwole macrumors newbie

trash the skullcandies they arent worth fixing. Go with the klipsch once you see some more reviews will be a big time upgrade over the skulls.

Or check out some reviews on the nuforce NE-7M they go for 55 bucks with a mic etc. They have been known to rival some 150 dollar phones on reviews. Ive personally heard them and enjoyed listening to them. Probably gonna get a pair for on the go and gym time.