Best iPhone insurance for lost or stolen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ACURA2015, Sep 11, 2016.

1. ACURA2015 macrumors regular

Does anyone know which might be the best iPhone insurance for lost or stolen iPhones?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I believe if you're looking for for lost/stolen phone coverage, you would get that through your wireless carrier since they can blacklist a lost/stolen device.

Other types of insurance (AppleCare, SquareTrade, etc) simply cover warranty type stuff.

3. ACURA2015 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, but Applecare nor SquareTrade offer insurance for lost or stolen phones, any other companies offer insurance against lost or stolen?

4. JustCrusin macrumors member

I don't think so. I wanted this for my kids so I had to go with AT&T insurance.

5. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

Look through your credit cards and see if they have protection for this, some do like Amex

6. etomd macrumors newbie

etomd

I have used SquareTrade for years and it is pretty good. However, it doesn't cover theft. They used to have a $50 deductible but now it is $75. Also, water damage was covered but now that the 7 and 7 Plus are waterproof I hope they decrease the deductible and/or premium.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yeah, that's what he said. That's why he recommended insurance through cellular providers. (It's typically Asurion.)

8. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

It's $99 now.

9. etomd macrumors newbie

etomd

I might consider going through Verizon for that reason. I have only dealt with cracked screens and water damage. Loss or theft would cost a pretty penny.

10. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

I tried to put mine on my homeowner's, but apparently it's considered a high risk item, so no go on that.

11. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Lots of carriers do it, but filing a theft claim for an $800 phone will cause you more trouble in the long run.

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not worth the hit on my homeowners policy.

13. sporez macrumors member

sporez

14. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Insurance thru Asurion costs about $12 a month. Don't forget that you have to pay the deductible each time you file. My deductible was $199 (6s 128gb).

I had insurance when I first got my 6s and canceled it after 6 months.

15. Bootleg Gucci macrumors 6502

Bootleg Gucci

Check out Wells Fargo credit card, some carry a cellphone protection plan that covers lost/stolen phones up to $600 value. Only requirement is to charge your monthly phone bill on the credit card and it covers several lines of phones.

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/features/cell-phone-protection/

Just remember, your phone was stolen, not lost. Stolen.

Stolen.

17. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

One of my credit cards offers Visa's Cellular Telephone Protection as an included benefit. It covers theft (and damage) but not loss. The max benefit is only $250, but free is free.

As noted above, the coverage varies by issuer and Wells Fargo seems to be the most generous.