Best iPhone JB Tethering app for wifi?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tmzn32, Feb 8, 2011.

1. tmzn32 macrumors newbie

There's a few that i have heard of such as mywi and tetherme which both charge. Which ones allow you to connect wireless such as you would with a router instead of bluetooth? also is there any out there that are free?

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

mywi

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Stop being miserly. There is no free tethering app that does wireless. There's a free commcenter hack, but that's wired.

5. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

6. svenn macrumors 6502

I was also hesitant to pony up the bucks for mywi since it does seem expensive for an app, but it really does make it simple to tether without paying even more every month.

7. 328iGuy macrumors member

8. luckyblue macrumors regular

luckyblue

I can't say enough about MyWi. It has worked very well for me for over a year. I meet people in their homes to review their life and health insurance and I use it with my macbook air everyday without any problems.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Nothing "free" out there as far as I know.

10. dlowmoney macrumors newbie

I was wondering this myself, and what I found was a delightful little app called PdaNet. Does both wired tethering and wireless hotspot tethering...and its free!

Have been using it at work with my new Macbook Pro and it has worked flawlessly. Check it out if you get a chance.

11. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

To only one device though, MyWi can connect multiple devices thus MyWi>PDANet

12. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Worth mentioning that it is "free" for non-secure sites, you can't go to nay site that is secure by an SSL.

Also, even when it is call a Hotspot, it is not really, it can only support one client at the time, but I guess in a sense it is still useful.

13. dlowmoney macrumors newbie

Ya, I totally agree that being able to connect to more than one device is ideal, but I beleive the original poster was simply asking what kind of free options are available. PDANet works great for checking e-mail, doing a little browsing and even watching some videos if you want, you just can't let all your friends join in on the action.

If you want more flexability spend the $20, but if you just need something simple, PDAnet is an option.

14. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

to be clear I'm not voting for mywi, I HIGHLY prefer tetherme but it's not currently working on verizon iphone

15. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

MyWi and its not even close, spend the $20, its a steal.