Best iPhone Sat Nav for light use

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MrMister111, Apr 2, 2011.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

I have to change cars this week, my current car has intergrated SatNav, new one won't.

So was thinking of getting a Sat Nav app for my iPhone 4. I currently have N-Drive but now can't find it on the app store. Is this good enough for me?

I would say that I only use it once in a while really, not heavy and everyday use. I've had Tom Toms and they see fine, but they are £50 for UK map only. Co-pilot is £20 big difference.

I like POIs as often go for trips with family, Co-pilot doesn't seem to allow you to load your own though?

Is map share on Tom Tom whereby it updates maps for corrections from users often? I think TT allows own POIs to eg from Pocketgpsworld?

I also for the few occasions like speed camera database, which I believe Co-pilot and TT do.

So any others? What are they all like as an expeience on a relatively small screen (integrated one was 6" screen)

Cheers

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You'll hear Navigon and TomTom as the most popular. There are other apps that can send POI's to either but I don't recall the names of them at the moment. Apparently they're a lot better at searching than either app.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Anyone else please? Tom Tom is £50, Co-pilot is £20, and I've found another one called Navmii for £3!!

What's the difference? Anyone used Navmii? Does it use commercial up to date map data? You can add speed camera for £1.79 but unsure if it updates evey month.

I've emailed Ndrive and they've just said sorry Apple removed us from store.