Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MXSkier62

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
So I got my phone yesterday in the mail and picked up an invisishield front protector today but I'm not wild about it. There seem like there are minute scratches in the plastic itself (I checked the screen beforehand, there was not a scratch). And the protector (after 7 hours) has yet to completely set, as in I could move the protector around the home button etc...

So, has anyone bought any other type of screen protector that they like instead of this model?

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I've tried quite a few others on my 3G/3GS and the only one I would do again besides the Invis is the ones from Powersupporusa.com. Those were always a breeze to put on and lasted until I replaced the phone (year minimum).

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
So I got my phone yesterday in the mail and picked up an invisishield front protector today but I'm not wild about it. There seem like there are minute scratches in the plastic itself (I checked the screen beforehand, there was not a scratch). And the protector (after 7 hours) has yet to completely set, as in I could move the protector around the home button etc...

So, has anyone bought any other type of screen protector that they like instead of this model?

You need to wait 72 hours for it to completely set. This is normal for all protectors like this. Yes it scratches, but it will go away. Invisible Shield isn't the best.

As far as protection goes, nothing exceeds Wrapsol. Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.