Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jordanonmyfeet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
I'm wondering what is the best slip case for the iPhone. The Sena Ultraslim looks amazing but is a bit expensive (around $40 with shipping). Is there anything similar to that but cheaper. Hows the incipio orion.

Thanks

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
The Sena UltraSlim is fantastic, mine arrived this morning and as soon as I took it out of the packaging I was taken aback at its quality; the leather is excellent and the cut is perfect; fits my iPhone like a glove. IMHO it's well worth the $40 I paid for it, that included shipping via FedEx to the UK, I only ordered it on Monday!

Jdm_rsx

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
Honolulu, Hawaii
if you can afford a 400 dollar cellphone...

then u can afford the accessories....which is normally 5-10% of the original cost...

someone correct me? u do want to protect ur investment right?

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
if you can afford a 400 dollar cellphone...

then u can afford the accessories....which is normally 5-10% of the original cost...

someone correct me? u do want to protect ur investment right?

We don't know the OP's circumstances but yes it should follow that if you can afford to purchase an iPhone then you should be able to afford the accessories that go with it; especially if they protect that investment as you say. I personally would like to see a Vaja pouch similar to the Sena UltraSlim but with the option to customize it as with other Vaja cases, I wouldn't mind paying the extra.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Just bought a black Sena Slimcase, hopefully I'll like it.

Coupon code PCWIPNK11 gives you 20% off!

Anyone else have a review of this case or any pics...would be greatly appreciated!

Bad Ash

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
Just bought a black Sena Slimcase, hopefully I'll like it.

Coupon code PCWIPNK11 gives you 20% off!

Anyone else have a review of this case or any pics...would be greatly appreciated!

I have the Ultraslim pouch as well as Sena's Elga case/pouch. Both are nice. I use the Elga more so because it gives the phone a bit more padding as well as a nice clip. I posted pics in this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/411074/

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
I received my Sena UltraSlim a couple days ago and I'm really impressed with it. Finally a leather case without a belt clip that easily fits into my pants pocket and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone. It also holds the phone pretty tightly, which is a added bonus over the iQase one I used before.

Overall, well worth the price (especially if you use the 20% off coupon)! :)

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
If you are looking to spend money, check out the LV slim pouch. WOW it is super nice! Price is around $295 i believe...

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
I received my Sena UltraSlim a couple days ago and I'm really impressed with it. Finally a leather case without a belt clip that easily fits into my pants pocket and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the phone. It also holds the phone pretty tightly, which is a added bonus over the iQase one I used before.

Overall, well worth the price (especially if you use the 20% off coupon)! :)

I don't see a place to put this coupon code, where do you enter it? :confused:

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
I think there was a spot at the bottom of the payment options page in the checkout system.

Only saw a field for "Affiliate" or "Gift Certificate" -- that last one was on the credit-card page, which is that last page I saw because I didn't want to enter my CC info unless I could get the discount. :eek:

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Only saw a field for "Affiliate" or "Gift Certificate" -- that last one was on the credit-card page, which is that last page I saw because I didn't want to enter my CC info unless I could get the discount. :eek:

I think the spot to enter the coupon code is after the cc page. I used paypal and the payal option was on the same page as the cc option. The spot for the coupon code came a page or two after that if I recall correctly.

Roth

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Thanks everyone for the help and advice, I just ordered a Sena Ultra Slim for the iPhone 3G.....

But I'm looking for something similar (Slim) but can also hook up to a belt, anyone know of something like that?

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
ipod_socks2.jpg

still usin these :D

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
I sent my Sena UltraSlim back. It was ridiculously tight and scratched my phone a bit. It was able very difficult to insert and remove.

I ordered an Incipio Orion to replace it.

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
I sent my Sena UltraSlim back. It was ridiculously tight and scratched my phone a bit. It was able very difficult to insert and remove.

I ordered an Incipio Orion to replace it.

Wow, that doesn't sound right! Reminds me of the Incase sleeve for MBA. :eek:

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
I'm wondering what is the best slip case for the iPhone. The Sena Ultraslim looks amazing but is a bit expensive (around $40 with shipping). Is there anything similar to that but cheaper. Hows the incipio orion.

Thanks

There's a lot of Sena ultra puch - look a like on eBay. For around 5 $.. 10$ including shipping. They look quite amazing actually..

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
MyIncipio Orion arrived today. I like it way better than the Sena Ultra Slim. It slides in and out easily, has a pull tab in the back to make removal even easier, and is snug--I can hold it upside down and jiggle it and my phone doesn't slide out. Unlike the Sena, it's not so tight that I'm in danger of hurting myself or the phone while trying to insert or remove it.

Shame on Sena for trying to sell their original iPhone products for the 3G.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
I've heard decent reviews of the Orion but personally I'm not a big fan of the leather look so decided to opt for something more "graphical". Ran into Fabrix's new limited edition iphone sleeve, fell in love and ordered one immediately !

mojo.jpg

got it from fabrixcases.com

Wow, that sure is one ugle mothe... Well how nice that is! :D

looks like a rip-off of Foofshop.com

Seibikitei

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Yarmouth, ME
I've heard decent reviews of the Orion but personally I'm not a big fan of the leather look so decided to opt for something more "graphical". Ran into Fabrix's new limited edition iphone sleeve, fell in love and ordered one immediately !

IMG

got it from fabrixcases.com

How do you like it? I'm considering going with a slip case kind of like this + some kind of protection film like the BodyGuardz and what have you. Basically a means of carrying the 3G around in my jeans pocket and the car without having to worry about it and without adding a crap ton of bulk.

Do you like the inner material? I hate how you have to worry about cases sometimes doing more harm than good since just the material itself can scratch them up. But I'm with you on the design, it's loud but definitely unique... I'm fairly close to ordering one. I'd be interested in hearing your impressions on it.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
How do you like it? I'm considering going with a slip case kind of like this + some kind of protection film like the BodyGuardz and what have you. Basically a means of carrying the 3G around in my jeans pocket and the car without having to worry about it and without adding a crap ton of bulk.

Do you like the inner material? I hate how you have to worry about cases sometimes doing more harm than good since just the material itself can scratch them up. But I'm with you on the design, it's loud but definitely unique... I'm fairly close to ordering one. I'd be interested in hearing your impressions on it.

Take a look at http://www.foofshop.com instead. Much prettier design a fair prices

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.