Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seniordan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Canada
Title says it all. My mom is interested in something that she can dock her iPhone on to listen to music in the house, and is looking to spend roughly $200.

Any suggestions?

Edit:

Would it be better to buy a speaker that connects via Bluetooth so you have the option of using any device rather than just an iphone? Or does that butcher your sound quality?

Last edited:

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Title says it all. My mom is interested in something that she can dock her iPhone on to listen to music in the house, and is looking to spend roughly $200.

Any suggestions?

Edit:

Would it be better to buy a speaker that connects via Bluetooth so you have the option of using any device rather than just an iphone? Or does that butcher your sound quality?

IMO, bluetooth is the way to go (most every bluetooth speaker I've seen also allows for aux connection via 3.5mm cable and many even include the cable).
For $200 and under, there are many great choices from Bose, Jambox, FoxL, JBL, Monster and several others. All work great. All have strengths and weaknesses but most all will sound very good and are very portable, have great battery life and work while charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.