Best iPhone USB cable? (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blizeH, Sep 16, 2009.

1. blizeH macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I was just wondering where can I get a decent cable from one of these please?

I decided to be cheap and get one from Ebay, but the cable is naff and doesn't have the clips either side to push in and help take the cable out easily, likewise I'd rather not spend £20 for one from the Apple Store - any good middle ground?

Cheers

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The eBay one, honestly, shouldn't be a problem - the official Apple ones themselves don't even have the push-in clips anymore, they've been phased out for a few years now.

3. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh jeez, really?

That's kinda good to know, but also bad... because it doesn't go in anywhere near as easily as the ones with the clips if that makes sense? Hmm :(

Cheers

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

If you don't mind some slow shipping, check out monoprice.com. I bought a cable from them for around $2 including shipping and it's better quality then the ones I got on ebay. It took about 2 weeks for it to come in the mail though.

Edit: Not sure if they ship to the UK or not, but I would assume they do since they ship to the US no problem and they are based in Hong Kong.

5. alau0115 macrumors regular

The OEM apple cables with the missing tabs on either side actually cut through the inner side of the plastic of the dock connector.

If you just need to have a cable that charges only, try the retractable ones from Proporta from UK.

They have good customer service as well.

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=2912&t_mode=des

This retractable cable is a bit hard to find from their web site if you haven't seen them before. The connector head is extra but it is very cheap, compared to some other dealers.

I have their portable USB chargers which came with those cables and connector heads.

Just got a retractable cable w/ apple connectors today. See the pictures

Attached Files:

6. alau0115 macrumors regular

Alternatively, if you want cables that sync and charge, try this one.

I've got this from Ebay at Cdn$6.00 each. It comes in the box sealed and it is the same length as the OEM one that comes with the iPhone 3GS.

Attached Files:

7. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

Some great recommendations, thanks guys.

Really like the look of the last one, is it the same as this?

Cheers :)

8. crabbo macrumors newbie

crabbo

I bought a cheap one from ebay a few days ago. For £1.29 incl delivery I was not expecting much but I was really pleased with it when it arrived. It has the side buttons to press in to release, seems as good as an original and fits my Apple iphone dock perfectly. Only took a couple of days to arrive as it's not from overseas. It is supplied without any fancy box/packaging.

You can probably tell I am pretty please with it :D (and no, I am not the ebay seller!).
    Here is the link to the item.

9. billrobert macrumors newbie