Best iPhone warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aPple nErd, May 30, 2014.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Well, im fed up with applecare plus. When i get the iPhone 6, what warranty should i go with? I beed to be able to have the phone replaced or repaired if there is a hardware defect or it gets broken. What do you guys recomend?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why are you fed up with applecare plus?

I'd look to squaretrade as an alternative.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is also my question. I find it to easily to be the best warranty. Walk in and walk out with a new phone in a matter of minutes.

4. cynics macrumors G4

I'm also curious why you don't like AppleCare+. Generally the best warranty option is the manufacturer warranty option.

If you have a software problem do you think a carrier warranty will help you with that? It typically turns into a run around.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Apple Care isn't great but I love being able to take my iPhone into the Apple Store and be able to walk out with a new one when necessary without having to wait for one to be shipped to me.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hmmm.

How many times have you damaged your phone or claimed hardware failure?

8. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

I've always had pretty pleasant experiences with apple care. I found that different locations are a little different but I found my perfect apple store so I'm not fussed about finding another warranty program.

9. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Well when my phone doesnt work at all, and turns itself off and wont turn back on and they try to refuse replacement, i get kind of annoyed...

----------

And it was only my secon ac+ replacement

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Call AppleCare and explain the situation. They usually handle these things better than the geniuses at the Apple store.

11. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah im dont going to the genius bar to get a replacement. i will kepp my iphone 5 and if anything ever goes wrong with my 6, i will send it in then i guess, and have my 5 as a back up. idk. i like applecare but sometimes i get really annoyed with it.