Best iPhone4 Battery Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dreiz, May 11, 2012.

1. dreiz macrumors newbie

Hey guys, my mophie JPA recently crapped out on me and im looking for a replaced. After taking it apart i found out what was wrong with it. A wire came loose and the problem was fixable, but I had to break the case open to see what was inside. I was kinda disappointed on how easily it broke and the case itself was, how would i put it, poorly made but it definitely was a necessity for me.
    I've looked at other cases such as:
    Incipio OffGrid (Pro) $100
    Mophie JPP $100 - with PromCode $80 this weekend.

Please recommend any other charging battery cases for iPhone 4.
    I'm considering the Mophie JPP for $80 but I dont want it to crap out again on me in about year and a half past its warranty. Also with painted outside ban on JPA started to come off quickly and made the case look really ******. Can anyone comment on how does JPP hold after a year or so?
    Thanks DreiZ

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Just a note, I don't know where you live, but the Mophie JPP in all black was on sale for $50 on amazon this morning. It went up in price mid day but is back to $48.99 right now. Certainly better than $80 if you can get it.

Im tempted to jump on this, but with the new iPhone around the corner I want to wait.

3. dreiz thread starter macrumors newbie

oh snaps. i thought about the same since my contract expires in december, but i dropped my phone (without a case) today and got lucky it didnt crack. And i think a battery case for iphone 4/4s is a necessity.

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

http://www.freedompop.com/

If this case delivers what it promises, then at $99 for 6 extra hours of battery life and 500 mb of free data per month, I'd consider this the best deal! It's kind of ugly though. D: *also useless if you already use a lot of data and need a bigger plan. Though apparently their overage charge will only be $0.01 per megabyte.. so tempting.

5. migdaddy macrumors 6502

I have the Mophie Air. Its good. It charges the phone 60% when the mophie is fully charged (so if Im at 20% on the phone, the juice will bring it up to 80%) I know they make the mophie plus that charges it even more. Im looking at the Insipio Offgrid Pro. Looks cool. The Mophie design in the back is bad as it is raised over the camera. The flash is effected by this. It takes perfect pictures without the flash, but the case effs up the flash. The top part of the case thats raised over the volume buttons and vibrate buttons makes it a little awkward to push them. Also the LEDs on the bottom flash ALL NIGHT LONG when its plugged in. Annoying. Even when its fully charged they flash. Its bright and annoying. But for the price it is now its worth the buy, unless you see something else that catches your eye.

6. parrot5 macrumors 6502

I kept hearing PhoneSuit one is good. Any bad points?

7. dwa2011, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I have loved my phones unit elite!

Got a short write up about it here

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I went with the iPower Battery Case for my iPhone 4S after the eXtremeMac bit the big one after (8) months of constant use. The plug-in pushed the metal all the way into the case and broke. Took it back to BestBuy and they discontinued using eXtremeMac stuff and they refunded the full $84.99 price and I bought the iPower Battery Case for the same price...:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyk29EEaKk

9. greentaloy macrumors member

Incipio OffGrid case $100 is far away from a battery's reasonable price,rather add a little bit more to get another iPhone...:eek:

10. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Unless you are saying the battery pack causes the flash, it's "affected".

Sorry, but if I was a super hero, affect/effect and accept/except confusions would be my kyrptonite.

11. migdaddy macrumors 6502

Wtf are you talking about?

12. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Sorry, misquote, meant to quote the next line :

13. waterbeds macrumors newbie

I have been using this iPhone Battery Extender case, didnt expect much from it, but it has lasted me well over a year with my 4 and now 4S. I dont actually put it work too much however it has always been there when i needed it, best part is i did not have to re finance the house for it....

14. Wiki macrumors newbie

I think 2Phone should be considered as one of the Best Battery Case because it has option of DUAL SIM function with Battery Extender..

[​IMG]

Via : http://www.2phonecase.com

15. chanerz macrumors 6502a

16. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

Is it normal for a charging case to only charge your phone to around 70-80% battery when charging from 1%?

17. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Depends on the size of the battery in the battery case. How much mah is the battery case?

18. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Stick with Mophie. I've had one for ever iDevice since the 1st gen touch that I owned( 1st, 2nd gen touches, 3GS and 4S - and a Mophie powerstation) and have had absolutely no issues. Sure, if you are really hard on them or you get a lemon something might go wrong. But everyone I know has had no issue.

I prefer the Juice Plus due to the integrated button coverage.

No, it doesn't cover the flash. See the product image below. None of the Mophie's ever have. They have a huge beveled opening to accommodate the flash and camera.

The LED's only blink when charging, when you hit 100% they don't blink. I leave mine plugged in overnight and they are never blinking once fully charged. None of my Mophie's including the Powerstation blink once 100% charged.

Are you sure you have an actual Mophie?

[​IMG]

19. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

20. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

In that case yes that is normal.

21. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

Okay thank you :)